Originally Posted by konmehn
Originally Posted by GM4Him
No thanks. I think I'm done now. I'm tired of trying to play ball with people on this forum who just want to catch it and do everything in their power to puncture it and ruin it. I said my peace. I gave examples. I refuse to sit here and argue with you.

I asked for dialogue quotes - neither you or Jando gave any. Just your own opinion that you think the writing is A1. You'd think if you were both so confident, you'd have no problem sharing examples. I shared many where it sounds extraordinarily lacking.

who just want to catch it and do everything in their power to puncture it and ruin it

What you're even talking about there, who even knows. Guess we'll never find out, because you bailed under questioning.

But IMO, it reads to me like a very upset kid who had their plastic toy duck burst by a horrible cat, and now it's 'punctured and ruined' and boo-hoo.

It was a metaphor, Kid. Lol. Like I'm so much older than you. Haha. It means you're just out here to argue, and I don't want to argue. I don't have to prove anything to you. Go check it out yourself and see what I'm talking about. I don't have time to track down quotes.

Omeluum is a mind flayer who isn't a stereotypical brain eating, mind controlling monster evil race person.

Blurg is his ally and friend, also not a thug warlord just out to crush skulls and eat humans.

The Iron hand clan are terrorists who want to blow up lots of people in Baldur's Gate.

Kith is a mason duergar looking for knowledge.

None of these people are stereotype evil because they are of a certain race.

I'm also thinking about the goblin cook who likes Volo. She's a bit outside the box. Every dang adult tiefling is Leave it Beaver parents, which is unusual and outside the stereotypical tiefling box.

Shoot! One thing Larian is not is stereotypical. I'd like a few more stereotypes please, so I feel at least a little in the world of Faerun.

Last edited by GM4Him; 06/08/22 12:25 AM.