Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
Originally Posted by 7d7
Gm4him, I hear your argument and I think it is perfectly valid for SP. The issue is MP. Arguably MP would most likely be with players already knowing each others. And therefore be tolerant and patient. However, I cannot emphasize how great it is that larian is trying to improve the flow to allow a faster resolution of encounters. Swarm AI is a great start.

I hope they would find something for reaction. And I really like the auto/targetted solution. If then can give a full control option for the popup lovers even better.

To me a nightmare scenario would be playing with someone halting on every possible steps and reactions (if you played magic the gathering you know what I mean) so I really hope they would have something that flow well. I see the fact they acknowledge the problem a big win already.

Personally I feel as though the bigger problem in that scenario is the player. Even if they had no reactions to deal with, they'd still be stopping at every turn, it would still ultimately be tedious. Sure it would be LESS tedious, but would the value gain really outweigh the value lost?

I admit. It's really not that much of an argument for presets. Still, a slow player makes a system MUCH more painful if there are more opportunities for them to be slow. That's my point.