I think one thing that really makes Pathfinder excel is immersion/world building. I feel like my characters are really apart of the world.

I would put it like this: Pathfinder games are like reading novels. They really draw you in, explain the world and go into details about people, places and events. I find myself caring about the mother whose child is missing and she's asking me to find him, or the mongrels in WotR. I feel like I need to do everything I can to save the civilians and so forth. And there are so many people and creatures and LIFE. And because there is time, I also feel like I need to legit be mindful of how much time I take to help someone. I have to prioritize my quests so I can save as many as possible.

BG3, on the other hand, is like a high action/intense blockbuster movie. It draws me in, is highly exciting and thrilling, tells a dramatic story, touched on deeper stories and mysteries but doesn't really delve into them too much, doesn't offer a lot of explanations for those who aren't real familiar with Forgotten Realms, but keeps the hype train rolling full steam ahead. As long as you don't think too deeply, don't ask too many questions, you're going to have a great time. You'll walk away feeling like you just rode a rollercoaster.

While Pathfinder really makes you feel like you are in the world and the story will never end, BG3 feels more like you're visiting the world and your story is just that, a single story with a definite plot and direction. Once the story is over, you're done, and so are your characters. Everything in BG3 feels like it revolves around your characters instead of your characters living in a world that will continue on without them should you fail.