Currently, the game does not pause time when the skill roll screen comes up. This will straight up TPK you around traps.

In the crypt with the criss-cross fireballs, I was walking around disarming all the dragon heads when one of them went off while I was getting close to disarm (I don't know why it went off, but that's not the point). The roll to disarm window came up, but the fireballs kept shooting. As I was setting up my bonuses I noticed my party was being bombarded and tried to escape out of the roll window to move them -- can't escape out (DC was revealed, makes sense to lock the screen so I gotta do the roll). Once I knew I couldn't escape, I tried to power through the roll, but the roll animation felt agonizingly long (only because I was dying), and then the bonuses started adding up as fireballs continued to bombard me, and then my whole party is dead...

Anyway, the morale of the story here is that the game needs to pause time when the inescapable skill check window comes up. Getting TPK'd because the party movement AI arranged them in a particularly dumb grouping while a dice roll animation plays is not a feel good experience.