Originally Posted by mrfuji3
But, Larian has limited resource and time, so if the choice is between "you can't choose your pronouns" and "you can choose your pronouns and all NPCs automatically respect that choice"...the latter seems strictly superior as it adds an option without affecting gameplay of the first choice.

100% agree.

I’d be interested in any constructive criticisms of the way that identity has been implemented from gamers who genuinely want to roleplay a transgender character and feel that the game isn’t letting them do that convincingly enough, as these are the people the option is there for. Anyone else not happy with the way it works can currently easily avoid this aspect.

That said, I personally wouldn’t see it as positive if gamers could easily experience the game setting as one in which transgender and non-binary folk don’t exist, and would be very happy to see convincingly realised transgender/non-binary NPCs, but that’s a whole different topic from how identity is handled for the main character.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"