Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
Originally Posted by Terminator2020
I heard expansion Lost Valley in Solasta DnD 5 limited license game is a bit more challenging well I really hope that is true.
Lost Valley definitely has far greater encounter variety, and was definitely higher in difficulty too. For instance, you hardly ran into any casters or ranged enemies in the main campaign. Lost Valley throws a lot more of them at you, and rather early at that too. People have actually complained about being ambushed by enemies that seem to be significantly higher level than the party. During the main campaign, you would eventually out-level random encounters to the point where the game decides that the enemies would just run away before initiating combat. That doesn't happen in Lost Valley, since it takes place in a much smaller map (traveling from one end of the map to the other within Lost Valley's campaign takes about 1 in-game day, compared to about 10 days in the main campaign), the lower level encounters seemingly get replaced by higher level ones instead, though venturing out to western side of the map still seemingly results in slightly harder encounters compared to the area between the starting point and the main hub city.

For example, one of the main campaign's optional endgame boss fights pitted you against a Remorhaz at the end of a major sidequest chain, which is basically kind of like a dragon in terms of threat level. One of Lost Valley's hardest random encounters pitted you against THREE of them. In my multiplayer run of Lost Valley, we ran into said random encounter at level 9 and promptly wiped to it.

Since Lost Valley is a lot more open-ended, you can end up facing endgame encounters much earlier if you choose to pursue working for specific factions immediately, instead of exploring your options as much as possible before picking a side. But because of this (and that encounters seem to have more challenging enemies on average), you also seemingly level a lot faster in Lost Valley compared to the main campaign too.
Thank you for the info. I and my brother will buy Lost Valley... we first do the main campaign Solasta in multiplayer Cataclysm hardest challenge level but not use Ironman only one save. We play the Lost Valley with other characters. Actually I will make/roll a Paladin again, but this time use another Oath. Well and my brother will likely do a Ranger will low life background instead of Rogue to Lost Valley. In the main campaign we use Paladin Oath of Devotion, Battle Cleric, Rogue and Wizard the last two are my brothers characters.

From real Dnd 5 pen and paper I would say Oath of Vengenace is my favorite Oath.

Generally though all classes are good in DnD5, but perhaps Monk is weakest class perhaps in real pen and paper Dnd 5.
That said my Dwarf Battle Cleric with Daylight spell vs Vampires was one major key factor to have all Vampires affected by Daylight spell and perhaps in Solasta Battle Domain is the most powerful Cleric domain I would say.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 24/12/22 08:23 AM.