Originally Posted by Eyebreaker
"Really? Again? A bit less hyperbole, more nuance and a recognition that your preference is just one amongst many would make for more constructive debate. And if you’re not interested in constructive debate then it’s not really fair of you to come here and just shout your opinions at us all."

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say/point out? "Really? Again?" What "Again"? and what "if you're not interested in constructive debate"? I'm lost within your words. How am I not interested in constructive debate? If you wish to debate then do so. I have no problem with that. Not sure why you think I do. lol

The “again” referred to you doing in this thread what I’d just seen and commented on you doing in another thread, which is generally panning Larian and the game. I get you’re disappointed, but you really don’t need to keep saying it over and over in different threads.

I’m glad you’re happy to have constructive debate, however. You’ll see that what I said was conditional. If you weren’t bothered about having such debate, but just wanted to vent, your tone and approach would have been appropriate though not pleasant for fellow forum members. Given, however, that you are interested in such debate then the first part of what I recommended applies. I don’t think I’m the only person here who finds the rhetorical style of your posts in this thread not conducive to constructive engagement.

And as neprostoman pointed out I did actually make some specific points about your argument that you could have responded to in a way that proved you were willing to discuss in good faith. Though as I’d just dissed your debating style, I certainly don’t blame you for focusing on that instead!

Originally Posted by Van'tal
It was straight up poor decision that limited their audience and scared away conscientious parents. Their are actually families that roll play adventures together.

Well, I’m sure there is a demand for a family-friendly D&D game, but Larian have always been very clear that they wanted to make a mature game. While I don’t think “containing explicit sex” is either necessary or sufficient for a “mature” game, speaking for myself do want the latter and while I’d probably play BG3 even if it were kid-friendly I’m glad Larian are intending something that addresses themes and includes graphics (eg mindflayer transformations) that are not suitable for children. Whether the net impact on sales of this decision is positive or negative, I couldn’t say. But by making the game 18+, Larian have given themselves at least the opportunity to make what I personally would consider a more interesting, dark fantasy than would otherwise be possible.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"