I'm going to put it like this:

I'm a Christian. Most know that, but in case you didn't, there you go.

Growing up, there was TONS of entertainment I could enjoy that didn't include sex and vulgarity and tons of gore. As the years have progressed, a schism has occurred. Either entertainment is lame and low quality and has no sex or vulgarity, or it has good story and is well done but I have to endure sex and vulgarity and gore. It is hard to find anything that I don't have to compromise on. Heck. Even kid shows and movies and games are riddled with adult content nowadays. It's VERY frustrating trying to find anything that I can enjoy - a good, just fun, adventure and drama.

BG1 and 2 and most RPGs back then we're games everyone could play without having to worry about potentially seeing such things. So, it is not a huge leap to expect that people might want the same thing for BG3 - at least the option to have a good, fun adventure that isn't sucky, cringey and lame and that doesn't have explicit sex and vulgarity.

That said, I don't necessarily expect them to change things. However, it's a hope that I and obviously others have that we might be able to FULLY enjoy BG3 without such content - enjoying the ability to romance without full on naked characters having sex on screen and the vile language of the duergar. To at least have the option would be SO nice and would increase my respect for Larian.