This thread is really turning into a mess, but before it gets closed, I'd just like to say that I'm still very much in favour of a fade-to-black option for those that want it, mostly for streamers, but also for people who just don't want that.

But if you think that DnD is not suffering from the same kind of media sanitising effect that is causing movies and games to remove guns, blood and all sexual references so they can be marketed to a younger audience, then you are very mistaken. Hasbro is firmly on the child-friendly train, and in late 2021 most references to sexual content, including the presence of brothels, was quietly errata-ed out of all the current DnD sourcebooks. While any sourcebooks you bought before then will have this content, it won't be in the reprinted editions, nor on dndbeyond (which is quickly becoming Hasbro's primary focus for distribution). There really wasn't a lot of sexual or sexual-adjacent content in these books to begin with, certainly not enough to be objectionable, but it got removed anyway.

In a way, I'm happy that Larian decided to go full steam ahead with their sex scenes. I've already seen online groups criticise the game for it's adult content, but I'd be interested to know if they are copping flak from Hasbro reps.