Originally Posted by snowram
Originally Posted by Aurimas_IGL
I've been playing tabletop for many years, and I believe that the more people at the table, the more fun the game will be.
As someone who regularly partake in 6+ players tabletop sessions, it isn't the case. Parties that large remove personal initiative in favor of the group, and it adds tons of dead air as soon as an action that is involving only part of the group is happening. I am pretty sure this is why BG3 has a party of 4, for a seamless and enjoyable multiplayer experience (and no, 4+2 companions ain't it).

Thank you for sharing your perspective on this. I can see how playing with a larger party could result in some challenges, such as removing personal initiative and causing dead air when only part of the group is involved in an action.

However, I respectfully disagree that a party size of 4 is the only option for a seamless and enjoyable multiplayer experience. While it's true that BG3 has a party size of 4, this doesn't necessarily mean that it's the only way to have fun with friends.

There are many players who enjoy playing with larger parties, and some even find it to be more dynamic and engaging. Ultimately, the ideal party size will depend on the preferences and playstyle of the players involved.

So while I understand your perspective, I don't think it's fair to say that a larger party size can't be enjoyable for some players.