Originally Posted by Brainer
It'd run contrary to the tenets of the gender, no? Afraid I am hardly an expert on the subject, what with finding the concept flawed at the core and devoid of objectivity.

Brainer, you acknowledge you are not an expert in this subject, yet this is not the first time in this thread you have spontaneously criticised the very concept of gender identity. Your idea of what that is seems to be a straw man that won’t be recognised by any trans person, but that doesn’t mean that your repeated digs at the validity of their lived experience won’t be felt. The fact that it’s been a couple of months doesn’t mean it’s okay to start up again, so please let that be the last time I see you make a sweeping and unprovoked statement about this issue that affects people’s real lives.

And, as a reminder, these public forums will be read by people with different political views, religions, races, sexes, genders, sexualities and life experiences. Language that might go unremarked within a bubble of politically like-minded folk can be unnecessarily confrontational here, and we all need to go that extra mile to keep discussions civil and constructive in this diverse community, united only by an interest in Larian’s games. It is possible for us to talk about even potentially controversial topics, but it takes care, mutual respect, and awareness of where to draw a line to avoid insult and unhelpful rows.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"