Originally Posted by biomag
I agree, bard is a primary caster laugh

I see what you mean. Yet even then I guess its just about the way you build the party. For me going 2 sorcerers and 2 wizards is a bit extreme - its pushing the limits and even then I'm not a 100% sure it couldn't work using the right spells. But sub-optimal builds are always there and will have their issues. But like those you meantioned druids and clerics are already capable to be even front line tanks. A well distributed list of spells can also solve a lot of issues or in a primary fighter group the one or the other healing ability completely replace the need for clerics. So overall you can push it pretty far especially with some optimization. But any half-way 'balanced' list will most likely work pretty well without any need to go min-maxing - which is quite an achievement for a system smile

Agreed. I think we kind of derailed the convo though lol.

Back on topic, it seems like there are 10 companions when all is said and done, and I'd guess at least 7 of them can be swung around on the moral compass. That puts us at 16 different one on one relationships right from the start, which doesn't factor in all the interparty relationships that exponentially inflate the possible party dynamics (plus apparently the kill everyone option). With only 3 companions at a time really engaging with you (since most approval and commentary aren't happening in camp) that puts us at a minimum of 6 different playthroughs to see a decent chunk of party content. With 5 companions at a time, we can drop that down to 4ish with the benefit of seeing more interactions between party members.

Tactician mode seems like it would provide enough difficulty to cover the difference in party size, too. So my vote remains for a party size of 6.

Back from timeout.