Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
Originally Posted by endolex
First, I'd advise not to place too much "must have" importance on CHA checks, or any other single skill specialization in this game.
As benbaxter just pointed out, there are *so* many other ways of getting your way in conversations.
Charisma checks are by far the most common, sure there are other types of checks, I've even seen religion pop up once or twice but charisma is by far the most reliable way to have influence in most conversations. Wisdom checks are probably next but those are tadpole relates and I don't know if it's a good idea to lean into that too much.

The point is, that only means that if you *want* to play a generally social creature who can shmooze / threaten / lie their way into and out of almost all sorts of trouble, you *can* do so, but you're by no means *required* to play such a character to be able to get all sorts of interesting, useful and not to mention *unique* options in dialogue and respectively, non-combat resolutions.
BG3 is simply not as "simple" as many other C-RPGs where CHA checks are often your *only* option to solve things via conversation. Your race, class, subclass, background and also lots of non-CHA skills: all of these matter and can help you get your foot in the door.