Originally Posted by Alyssa_Fox
Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by Fox of Embers
What makes you think that? I got the feeling they like D&D
Mostly the fact that in the last three years or so they showed nothing but contempt for how D&D works and plays and were constantly on the hunt for ways to "fix" it.

Lol, you are talking like DnD rules are some kind of Hold Scripture that has never been amended or revisioned before.
This isn't what Tuco is saying. He's commenting on the fact that Larian has made A LOT of changes to the rules (which they have). These changes significantly affect the balance and various actions of the game, and are mostly geared towards allowing more actions and/or removing restrictions. Swen, in particular, doesn't really seem to enjoy or get the 5e rules. In most videos of him playing it, he's constantly trying to free himself from the restrictions baked into 5e and and expressing disappointment that he can't do X."

There's nothing wrong with not liking a given ruleset. But given that Larian wants to make---and has made---so many changes to the D&D rules, it makes sense that Larian would likely have a more enjoyable time creating (or iterating on) their own game systems instead of having to modify 5e.

Put me down for the "Larian probably won't make another D&D game next" opinion. At the very least, I'm near certain that they won't be making another BG game or develop a game based on another tabletop system.