Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Despite having played cRPGs for years (decades!), BG3 has got me personally interested in the tabletop game in a way that no other game has previously. I think it's because, as I've said before, it somehow gives me a feel of what I imagine (hope!) tabletop D&D to be like, albeit with our screens showing us a lot of what would have to be brought to life only in our imaginations round a table. And that for me has made me think about that pen and paper experience in a way that other cRPGs that are more straightforwardly just games set in a fantasy world haven't.
BG3 does a much better job of simulating PnP than other D&D-based CRPGs, in my opinion. I haven't played a vast, unending array of D&D CRPGs, but I have played a few.

So far, that interest has only extended to watching streams of people playing online, but a gaming cafe has recently opened just round the corner from where I live and I'm considering dipping my toe in to see what I think. Though perhaps after my first BG3 playthrough grin
I know not everyone has the same kind of in-person gaming options I do, but in my opinion, if you want to try D&D, find some people and play it, in person. If feasible.