Originally Posted by ThatDarnOwl
So because you didn't finish a game = something doesn't deserve to exist.

I don't know who you are fighting with but it's not me. I never said that it doesn't deserve to exist, I said I wouldn't be interested and didn't think it would be a good expenditure of effort. I answered the the question the OP presented: would you be interested. Answer: No.

I also wouldn't be interested in seeing an angry birds port on the BG3 engine. Does that mean I don't think it should exist? No.
These feel like utterly subjective opinions and not ones worth trashing a potential mod project.

What the fuck does that even mean? Why are you being such a dick about this? I gave you an out an you decided to press on. My guess is that you wanted to fight someone and I just happened to show up.

Now it surprises me some since I've enjoyed most of your contributions to the forum but this is A big exception. Of course my opinions are subjective. Lol. And WTF?! and lol again.

I said go for it if you want. You could have left it there but you had to have the last word and you had to be dick about it, didn't you?

I should just leave it there but I'll comment on this:

I mentioned in my previous post editing the navmesh for AI isn't very difficult in the Divinity engine.

I've read your words and seen that photo more than once. I think you believe you are saying something significant when you are saying something pretty trivial. Okay, it's a grid, okay it's easy to edit. Fine. But it still feels like a dog's breakfast when you are done. So what if it's easy to do? It's also easy to make a dog's breakfast. Moving toons in BG3 and DoS2 isn't much fun.

And it confuses me some that editing the map is soooo very easy and yet Larian had so much trouble with it. Are you really suggesting that they always wanted to remove parts of the map? I mean that would weird wouldn't it? Making something because you intended to remove it later? Yeah, we saw what they did. They made the gap narrower, they increased Tav's jump distance . . . And then they just gave up. And I don't blame them for spackling over the problem.

And come on! You don't have any information I don't. Perhaps they always intended to change the maps pfffft :p

So forgive me if I'm skeptical about how easy it will be if you include something like lava on your maps. We all saw how many times the fire surface near Gale was altered. Were it me I would just avoid gaps, surfaces etc but perhaps you won't experience the same trouble that the people who made the game did.

And don't believe me, just read some of the comments in the "BG3 Party Movement Mechanic" megathread. I'm not trashing the game AS A WHOLE. The game has some truly wonderful moments. Some of the writing is stellar. Some of the encounters are lots of fun. But the chain mechanism? It sucks. Moving toons around? That sucks.

The strange thing about BG3 is how much of this fantastic game is really awful. How the game succeed when so much of it is so bad?

But I get it, you want to build on the parts of game I dislike. You think it will easy and lots of people will appreciate it. I disagree but don't let me stop you. Have at it. Hope you prove me wrong