Next Thread
Print Thread
#804898 03/01/22 06:25 PM
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Did the sys requirements get bumped up all the sudden?
My trusty 1060 seems less able to maintain 60 fps over the last few patches - it's more like 30+ now
Though the fact that I only have eight gigs of RAM probably doens't help,
system ram that is. With the original pre-patch one release frame rates varied wildly but it was able to maintain 60 fps in outdoor environments on the high pre-set.
I'm running on a Core i5 6400 quad-core processor.

apprentice
apprentice
I don't think the requirements have changed, but I had major issues with patch 6 on the high end of things. Uses a lot of RAM and prone to crashing. I switched to DirectX and it was playable.

Then I upgraded my processor from an i7-5960X to Ryzen 9 5600 and the game is so much more smooth. I don't know if it's a problem with running DLSS or lack of optimization but I imagine it will smooth out by release for the system minimum.

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Ah, thanks for sharing your experiences! I was hoping a smaller upgrade, like the RAM, would help matters. I guess I'll wait to see if anyone from Larian jumps on, to see if they have a specific recommendation.

Last edited by Anotheraverageus; 04/01/22 01:50 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
I was looking at a RAM upgrade (I had 16 GB before I changed the motherboard), but the (older) processor at 3 GHz was holding me back -- game still runs using about 11 GB of RAM with OS, etc.

What OS are you running? Also do you see performance increase in lower graphics? Have you tried going from Vulkan to DirectX or the other way around? Any changes in programs (particularly antivirus)?

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
So I (that is we) did some quick testing. His configuration is same as mine, except he has 32 RAMs of meg and is running Windows 7, rather than 10. Both of our systems are running without external anti-virus. Results were identical, running at 35-40 frames per second. I would conclude that either Larian is targetting 30 fps minimum regardless of system configuration or our CPU/GPU's are bottlenecking the game. What GPU are you running?

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
ANd yes, regardless of frame rates, there is also a fair bit of stuttering, especially when transitioning to and from cutscenes and while moving from free-roaming exploration to combat.

apprentice
apprentice
I have a Nvidia 3070 that was present in both rigs.

Disabling my antivirus stopped some crashes, but not really any other difference. I couldn't tell you my frames because I haven't looked into an external program to measure. What are you using? I could run some numbers on my new setup to compare.

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Right so I'm using Steams build-in frame counter, you can find it under Steam -> Options -> In-game -> Frame counter. And thanks!

Link Copied to Clipboard