Next Thread
Print Thread
#833430 30/11/22 12:22 AM
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Hi all, I'm relatively new to the game and modding in general (used plenty over the years but this is my first time doing it myself), but trying to cobble together something really simple to solve my one issue with one of my builds. I'm running Fane as a melee fighter with some necro skills, and it bugs me that necro damage is physical, yet scales off Int, when as a melee fighter he obviously wants to prioritise Str.

I managed to figure out how to make select skills scale off weapon damage with the stat editor, but this isn't perfect, what I really want to do is change necro to simply scale off of Str instead of Int. I know I can technically do do this in stat editor by changing the skill 'Ability' to polymorph, but it just feels weird to see necro skills listed as poly in game, and I feel like when there's an Ability variable which dictates the scaling, surely there must be somewhere I can change the settings of that variable, but I can't find it anywhere

Does anyone know if it is even possible to mod that 'Ability' variable easily enough, or should I just stick to one of the halfway solutions I've already found?

Last edited by billabong1985; 30/11/22 12:22 AM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
Man... almost half a year....

Same problem here.

I got as far as to find that there are Status Effects as part of skill effects.
Like Skill effect "HEAL" having the Status Effect "RS3_FX_GP_Status_Heal_Impact_01" but I can't find that field anywhere....

I'm sure that the actual ability scaling requirements are written somewhere. And creating new ones with the desired ability to scale from is the solution to both our problems.

Anybody here?

,,,, unanswered 5yo threads, astonishing.

Last edited by MrSweetO; 05/04/23 08:51 PM.
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
The D:OS forums here aren’t really active, no. The folk here are mainly interested in BG3. I’m not sure where the D:OS folk went, but you could try the Larian Discord (there’s a link on their home page) or the Divinity Original Sin Reddit at https://www.reddit.com/r/DivinityOriginalSin/.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
M
stranger
stranger
M
Ty, I'll try that.

Link Copied to Clipboard