Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18
veteran
veteran
good lord, the youtube chat went to shit. They're all arguing about gay people for some reason.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Thank you for your replies, colinl8 and Sozz!
(regarding my question if the video will be available today)

Last edited by Lyelle; 07/07/23 05:13 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Honestly in regards to Tactician mode - those three made so many obvious mistakes it was painful to watch. I get where you have to be mentally to handle those fights though. My team is ready. No mods/ no cheats, no barrelmancy/ no cheese.

BRING IT!!
Speaking of which, I was more than a bit annoyed at the Larian guy that to describe the awesonemess of Hardcore mode started mentioning "Bugbear with a grenade, goblin with an explosive arrow, explosive barrels..."

JESUS CHRIST, are pyrotechnical explosion the only way you guys know to make a combat "more challenging"?
[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
The game is looking good, reactivity etc, but mechanically nothing I could really so changed over EA? They didn't really talk about mechanics (as in rules) at all - guess it's not 'sexy' ;-)

And the toilet chain is still there @Tuco

By mechanics I especially mean things lie stealth, managing resting and power etc...things people have megathreaded here

Last edited by booboo; 07/07/23 05:19 PM.
C
addict
addict
C
"Apparently we were banned on tictoc because of the bear scene..." *audience roars approvingly with applauds*

veteran
veteran
We even saw them struggle with character selection during the Karlach scene.

veteran
veteran
the books look interesting, but not $259 USD interesting

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Zyllos
Larian, you have 3 weeks to make ANY actor that approaches ANY OTHER actor in TB mode, force them into TB and roll for initiative. Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please...

You have no idea, PLEASE, change this!!!!!!!!
Please please please please ^^

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
G
OP Offline
G
Looks like we have barely scratched the surface of the adventure.

The team has definitely put a lot of love into the game, it gives me encouragement that this story is going to be very enjoyable.

Was that Drizzt on the collector's edition model fighting the mindflayer?

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Originally Posted by virion
Larian, you have 3 weeks to make ANY actor that approaches ANY OTHER actor in TB mode, force them into TB and roll for initiative. Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please...

please^100

(maybe if we add *pretty* please )

My 2c - this would have been wildly unpopular because so many have become used to exploiting this 'loophole'.

G
OP Offline
G
Cheers for Jaheira!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by booboo

please^100

My 2c - this would have been wildly unpopular because so many have become used to exploiting this 'loophole'.

What's the loophole? I don't generally use exploits, so I'm out of the loop (hah!).

veteran
veteran
And the toilet chain is still there @Tuco
I had no illusions in that regard, either.
Larian surely love their unbearably shitty controls.

Originally Posted by Boblawblah
What's the loophole? I don't generally use exploits, so I'm out of the loop (hah!).
The ability to move at will in real-time even when inches away from people in combat (if in stealth) AND the ability to attack at will from there, too.

Last edited by Tuco; 07/07/23 05:30 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
enthusiast
enthusiast
Wow, that Halsin scene was uh... something.

I'm glad there appears to be a different option for people who aren't inclined to have sexy time with an animal.

veteran
veteran
I have noticed small + and - at right side of hotbar ...
Maybe at least some wish was heared and we will be able to make it biger? O:)

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
digging Jaheira, feeling better about having her in my party now.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Boblawblah

please^100

The loophole is that when you are stealth and someone away from you went into TB combat, all actors involved are stuck in TB combat. Then you can select your stealth character, easily seeing their "cone of vision", move anywhere you want, do whatever you want in real time while all the actors are stuck in TB mode.

This also breaks all kinds of things like effects that are happening in the TB area but yet you stealth around in real time. Also, many other instances where this breaks things.

veteran
veteran
I have been getting quite excited about BG3 after couple months of not playing it, and this stream very successfully sucks all enthusiasm out. galeworried

At least UI for character generator UI looks functional. They didn’t mention class preview, though, did they? (I have been skipping through it a bit)

Last edited by Wormerine; 07/07/23 05:49 PM.
G
OP Offline
G
Was that Tav's face on the guard?

Last edited by Grizzmyt; 07/07/23 05:50 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Grizzmyt
Was that Tav's face on the guard?
Yeah, most NPCs have a face from the character creator. Nothing unusual.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Page 5 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard