Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
I agree. Ideally Larian should have released the review keys a week ago.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by AusarViled
Not with a game of this size. BG3 is 75 hours of story for one play through. To comment on it properly you need a run for each spectrum good evil, lawful, and chaotic. That at minimum is 2 runs which is 150 hours.

We have 4 days left, 5 if it went out on the 28th as it would take 6 hours to download the 158gb. Even if you played 12 hours a day for 4 days, you would be at 50/75 hours. We would get no feedback on act 3, which would have a million issues like dos2. Assuming they actually play it and not copy ideas of some small creator no one knows 1:1 with plagiarism

you sweet summer child. Most reviewers aren't interested in commenting properly, they're going to blaze through it in 50 hours max and get their review out. By the time we get proper reviews that have actually played the game as much as you want, the game will have been in our hands for a number of days already.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by zamo
Exactly ...

Originally Posted by Boblawblah
you sweet summer child.
:3

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
Not with a game of this size. BG3 is 75 hours of story for one play through. To comment on it properly you need a run for each spectrum good evil, lawful, and chaotic. That at minimum is 2 runs which is 150 hours.

We have 4 days left, 5 if it went out on the 28th as it would take 6 hours to download the 158gb. Even if you played 12 hours a day for 4 days, you would be at 50/75 hours. We would get no feedback on act 3, which would have a million issues like dos2. Assuming they actually play it and not copy ideas of some small creator no one knows 1:1 with plagiarism

you sweet summer child. Most reviewers aren't interested in commenting properly, they're going to blaze through it in 50 hours max and get their review out. By the time we get proper reviews that have actually played the game as much as you want, the game will have been in our hands for a number of days already.

OKAY THATS IT
I WANT A MORATORIUM ON SWEET SUMMER CHILDREN

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
S
old hand
old hand
S
Larian has published their first press build on Steam today, do what you want with this information.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by snowram
Larian has published their first press build on Steam today, do what you want with this information.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
HOLY SHIT THEY ADDED DEPOT 1419650 ENCRYPTED DOWNLOAD. WHAT A BALLSY MOVE. RPGS WILL NEVER BE THE SAME.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
I don't even understand what I'm looking at within that picture xD

S
old hand
old hand
S
Originally Posted by AvalonTzi
Steam allows for different branches to be uploaded. We are currently on the main branch, which is public. This one is the press branch, it differs from the public one and can be decrypted with a steam key. SteamDB is a site that allows to see all branches regardless if they are private or public.

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Steam allows for different branches to be uploaded. We are currently on the main branch, which is public. This one is the press branch, it differs from the public one and can be decrypted with a steam key. SteamDB is a site that allows to see all branches regardless if they are private or public.

Thanks xD

Wouldn't that mean preload was technically possible by moving EA to an EA branch and putting the preload without option to play on public branch?
Not that I believe it to happen, but technically it would work, right?

S
old hand
old hand
S

Thanks xD

Wouldn't that mean preload was technically possible by moving EA to an EA branch and putting the preload without option to play on public branch?
Err... not an expert but I doubt Steam allows preloading for anything else than the main branch. Don't quote me on that though.

A
journeyman
journeyman
A

Thanks xD

Err... not an expert but I doubt Steam allows preloading for anything else than the main branch. Don't quote me on that though.

That's what I know to be true as well.
My question was badly phrased then.

My idea was, move EA stuff to another branch. Have the main branch work like any other non released game and allow preload.

Won't happen, but would be so relaxing. 5pm German time on the 3rd and jump into the game.

S
old hand
old hand
S
It would be kinda confusing for players trying early access for the first time. Switching branch is a bit hidden in the Steam interface. I guess it would work though.

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
It would be kinda confusing for players trying early access for the first time. Switching branch is a bit hidden in the Steam interface. I guess it would work though.

Yeah, thought as much. I haven't heard of Steam ever doing that. If that were a common practice I think we could be expecting that too, but all that remains is wait for 5pm Ghent time on the 3rd.

S
old hand
old hand
S

Yeah, thought as much. I haven't heard of Steam ever doing that. If that were a common practice I think we could be expecting that too, but all that remains is wait for 5pm Ghent time on the 3rd.
For all their flaws, Blizzard actually has patch preloading in their launcher. I guess they wanted to fix the old WoW saying : "patch day, no play".

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
Here are a bunch of facts I do not like when put together:

-Review codes are still late.
-There will be insufficient time for reviewers to reach the back half of the game before release.
-The back half of DOS2 was BY FAR weaker than the front half.
-The back half of DOS2 incorporated BY FAR less feedback than the front half.
-BG3's release date was moved up a month early.
-Cyberpunk 2077 and other fake-outs had tight review-release schedules.

Is the game REALLY done?

Come on, this is a Larian Studios game, it will not be done until the BG3 - Definitive Edition is released a few years from now. August 3rd is just EA, part 2.

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Originally Posted by Merry Mayhem

-There will be insufficient time for reviewers to reach the back half of the game before release.

Is the game REALLY done?

Come on, this is a Larian Studios game, it will not be done until the BG3 - Definitive Edition is released a few years from now. August 3rd is just EA, part 2.

KNOWING Dos2 LAUNCHED completely broken and took 2 years to fix it, your right. Here is to hoping they do not botch the 2nd half of the game. Albeit I broke my patch 8 ea so hard helnsin ended up thanking me for slaughtering every druid in the Grove, and handed it entirely over to the goblins. I am not holding my breathe for a none broken launch

Last edited by AusarViled; 30/07/23 10:05 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Merry Mayhem

Is the game REALLY done?

KNOWING Dos2 LAUNCHED completely broken and took 2 years to fix it, your right. Here is to hoping they do not botch the 2nd half of the game. Albeit I broke my patch 8 ea so hard helnsin ended up thanking me for slaughtering every druid in the Grove, and handed it entirely over to the goblins. I am not holding my breathe for a none broken launch

oh, I expect release will be playable for most people at release ( but will not be surprised if there are some bad bugs post Act 1. ) but I know they continue to work on stuff and have a DE versions later on.

F
addict
addict
F
That would have required the game to have been in a playable state a week ago.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by FrostyFardragon
That would have required the game to have been in a playable state a week ago.
What exactly makes you think it wasnt?

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
apprentice
apprentice
del

Last edited by Animat10n; 31/07/23 08:52 AM.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard