Print Thread
#876162 07/08/23 07:24 PM
B
Buri Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
While i enjoy the game there are some smaller, mainly QOL stuff that lowers the enjoyment a bit in my opinion. And i am sure, if they support the game for a while, this stuff will come out in patches some day but right now it feels rushed.
For starters the fact that there isn't a way to change your char appearance is so outdated, when you get sick of your hair after 30 hours it's hat-time. The inventory management for some reason is worse than in EA, why can't i expand it anymore? You want to level up or change equipment from one of your companions that is not in active party, "tell someone to stay at camp, talk to other companion, take ring x, tell him to stay at camp, back to the one you want joining your team". Horrible.
The alchemy system is really good, however that is all there is, besides some quest related crafting, no food (combine those salamis to a Supply Pack)/arrow/weapon etc. crafting, just look at DOS2 and all the stuff you could do there. A simple ingame class progression overview to know what you will get at a certain level. No transmog for armor, or a preview for how a dye will look on armor. Options to hide cloak or music instrument. The game looks beautiful so why is there no photo mode? A bit more harsher voice for orcs dwarfs and the dragons would have been nice. Locking items in inventory, remember position of ability in hotbar (e.g. pommelstrike etc.) when you take a torch out and switch back to your weapon it gets put in the first free slot. No formation for party. Spells not marked as ritual spells when learning new spells. NO FISHING! etc. etc.

No joke told my friend saturday. it felt like they made the PC release earlier so we could beta and feature test the game for them some more before the release for the rest.

addict
addict
Yes, there are a number of things that could be better, and there are an almost infinite number of things that *could* have been added, but most would just be "nice to have" rather than detract from the game ( at least on first play ). Of the failings you mention, the one that is really annoying for me is the lack of visibillity into your future class progression. It's difficult to make decisions on character design as you go along, particularly as you can't rely on the game being exactly like 5e. A distant second would be character visuals, since I don't like my look as much after playing for a number of hours.

More concerning is some of the dialog and pacing.

For example, the "new" Wyll and Karlach story seems forced and unconvincingly written ( as far as I have got through it ), with Karlach seeming to have lost the gravitas you might expect from someone in her position, and Wyll's new story seeming to be crowbarred onto the original story foundations.

Similarly with pacing, the dialog triggers don't seem to be properly spread out to give the pacing of progress I would expect ( either noone wants to talk to me in camp, or everyone wants to comment on multiple events. Next playthrough, I think I will long rest after every encounter, just to try to even the dialog progress out.

That said, the game is very enjoyable, and is perfectly stable; thats more than can be said for a lot of game releases.

D
addict
addict
D
Yeah, they should have kept it in development for another 2 or 3 years.

H
HZM Offline
journeyman
journeyman
H
I mean, it was rushed. It was literally moved up a month because of Starfield. That said...at some point shit or get off the pot. 3 years in EA and it's not ready...is it ever going to be ready? EA was a marketing tool. So many things that were pointed out as broken or super shitty on day 1 of EA are still in the game. They don't care. They want genitals and vitiligo sliders, not good gameplay mechanics.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard