Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BeeBee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Hello!

I'm halfway through Act 1, have used the Illithid Wisdom a bunch of times, and yet I have yet to have any tadpole dreams at all. I've tried:

1) Reaching all the main hubs in Act 1, to see if that triggered the dreams
2) Long-resting very often, to make sure that they didn't overlap with any important cutscenes from companions and visitors

The only thing that I can think of is that I managed to "resist" the first forbidden cheetoh test with Edowyin's, which gave me 30 XP.

Any tips?

B
old hand
old hand
B
I haven't done any Illithid power stuff and just got my first dream with the guardian either just before or just after the githyanki patrol. I have done everything except the Underdark at this point.
I was starting to wonder, myself.

Last edited by Beechams; 17/08/23 07:35 PM.
veteran
veteran
The Guardian is no longer triggered by tadpole usage, instead it is triggered by reaching a certain cutscene location;
the cutscene of the party being overwhelmed by the Absolute's voice and the artifact being used to shield themselves from it. It's triggered by either approaching the Goblin Camp bridge, the Mountain Road bridge or the Broken Road Pass.

Once you reach any of these three locations the Guardian will appear the very next long rest. Personally I really like that it's tied to progression rather than long rest/tadpole spamming.

BeeBee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Thank you! Fingers crossed that I get to meet my wish fulfillment mystical zaddy in a bit then.

B
old hand
old hand
B
I got the overwhelmed by the Absolute near the Goblin Camp when I arrived with Sazza. The Guardian sleep wasn't the next sleep after that. I cleared out the camp except those outside, fast travelled to the Grove to report in, had the after-party sleep, went back to finish off the goblins still outside at the camp, went back to the Grove to sell some bits of gear then back to camp for a long rest (I originally intended to go to the Underdark next) and I think this was when I got the visit from the Guardian.
While we were near the gith patrol I clicked on Lae'zel by mistake and she started talking about her dream.

I
old hand
old hand
I
The entire tadpole story got cut and replaced with something much more "simplified" (=dumbed down).

Last edited by Ixal; 18/08/23 08:51 AM.
V
stranger
stranger
V
Originally Posted by Crimsomrider
The Guardian is no longer triggered by tadpole usage, instead it is triggered by reaching a certain cutscene location;
the cutscene of the party being overwhelmed by the Absolute's voice and the artifact being used to shield themselves from it. It's triggered by either approaching the Goblin Camp bridge, the Mountain Road bridge or the Broken Road Pass.

Once you reach any of these three locations the Guardian will appear the very next long rest. Personally I really like that it's tied to progression rather than long rest/tadpole spamming.
Where is Broken Road Pass?

veteran
veteran
When you approach the goblin encampment, go straight after passing the goblin checkpoint rather than turning right towards the bridge leading to the temple of Selune (goblin camp).

V
stranger
stranger
V
Originally Posted by Crimsomrider
When you approach the goblin encampment, go straight after passing the goblin checkpoint rather than turning right towards the bridge leading to the temple of Selune (goblin camp).
Thank You

Link Copied to Clipboard