Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
Patch 3 is coming, and it’s a big one. To ensure thorough testing, we’re releasing Patch 3 this Friday, September 22 instead, along with full support on Mac.

With Patch 3 comes the Magic Mirror, which lives in your camp and allows you to change your Tav’s appearance whenever you’d like!

- Change appearance, voice, pronouns
- Race & body type can’t be changed
- Can’t alter Origins — they’re all very particular about their hair

As usual, we will post the Patch Notes for Patch 3 here once it's live tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience, all!

apprentice
apprentice
Thank you for the update Salo!

W
stranger
stranger
W
Thanks for the update, but can MacOS get it's own thread. Having to dig into threads and search Twitter is a pain. Just make a Mac thread because there may even be unique issues to Mac users. Constantly searching for any Mac updates frustrates customers, as the Twitter comments show.

Last edited by welsh1980; 21/09/23 05:02 PM.
K
stranger
stranger
K
Feeling very excited! Thanks for the communication!

A
stranger
stranger
A
Yay! Thank you !

I need those patch notes wyllcry wyllcry

Z
addict
addict
Z
I want to adress this here. This is the official forum.
Then why we need to know the news first hand from game review sites?? Or X?
Why there is no communication toward us.
In this way bg3 forum feels like a wasted time and opportunity.

W
stranger
stranger
W
Originally Posted by ZOZO1006

I agree. The forum should be the first place this news is posted. Also If the MacOS full release isn't out tomorrow, I will figure out how to get a refund. I was misled on Steam into purchasing an early-access game. Steam will not refund me because I played too many hours of Early Access, and to top it off, I cannot use the Digital Deluxe items and features I purchased, let alone the actual game. The lack of communication and the misleading Steam page has killed any excitement about the game.

Z
addict
addict
Z
Well i think that D4 is a game that is in a really bad shape.
But the community manager is awesome in d4.
He is giving way more information to the community.

In the end 90% of the YouTubers sayed that d4 can learn a lot of things from bg3.
And I say the community management of bg3 can learn a lot from d4.
At least say something sometimes pretend the intrest.
The patch and the game for Mac should be out at cet 18:00 but the information what you gived was 1 hour after expected patch and release.
I think this is really bad.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 21/09/23 06:14 PM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
I agree with this.

stranger
stranger
I would love any more info we could possibly get on the Xbox version. A lot of patches and fixes and what not coming out and we don't even have an official announcement lol

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by MonkeyToes
I would love any more info we could get on the Xbox version. A lot of patches and fixes and what not coming out and we don't even have an official announcement lol

I'm not a mod per day but like you, I play on Xbox too. The XSX version won't have spilt-screen enabled unfortunately I didn't see anything for cross-platform on the XSX.

And for Xbox S it's going to have split-screen and cross-platform progression.

Now there is no official release day yet. But I would imagine right before either Thanksgiving or right before Xmas. Once I find a confirmation date I will make sure to let you know smile I have yet to read anything about Mouse and keyboard Support *rolls their eyes* take it from someone who's been playing in an Xbox Controller on my Steam Deck I find it a lot more easier and intuitive to play BG3 :P
All Larian has stated officially is the end of the year. And for the record, I have been doing the gaming thing for 52 years and I have reliable inside sources. So you can trust me when I tell you something lol!

Sources: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ba...s-save-between-xbox-steam.756997/page-17

https://www.gameinformer.com/news/2...-year-but-without-split-screen-co-op-on?

Everyone wants to see the dog stop pissing on the floor. I'm that dog. But I keep pissing on the floor! Marilyn Manson
Z
addict
addict
Z
TRANSMOG FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Salo
Patch 3 is coming, and it’s a big one. To ensure thorough testing, we’re releasing Patch 3 this Friday, September 22 instead, along with full support on Mac.

With Patch 3 comes the Magic Mirror, which lives in your camp and allows you to change your Tav’s appearance whenever you’d like!

- Change appearance, voice, pronouns
- Race & body type can’t be changed
- Can’t alter Origins — they’re all very particular about their hair

As usual, we will post the Patch Notes for Patch 3 here once it's live tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience, all!

Good! About damn time. I'm sick and tired of having to restart my game over and over again :X
At least 50 times and counting :X

Everyone wants to see the dog stop pissing on the floor. I'm that dog. But I keep pissing on the floor! Marilyn Manson
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by welsh1980
I want to address this here. This is the official forum.
Then why do we need to know the news firsthand from game review sites?? Or X?
Why there is no communication between us?
In this way, bg3 forum feels like a wasted time and opportunity.

I agree. The forum should be the first place this news is posted. Also If the MacOS full release isn't out tomorrow, I will figure out how to get a refund. I was misled on Steam into purchasing an early-access game. Steam will not refund me because I played too many hours of Early Access, and to top it off, I cannot use the Digital Deluxe items and features I purchased, let alone the actual game. The lack of communication and the misleading Steam page has killed any excitement about the game.

Couldn't agree 100% more. This forum should focus on what's important to this game. Then the other "useless stuff" LOL!

Have you sent a support ticket to Larian about your Deluxe Edition? Unfortunately, you had to download a lot of that stuff. But the two things that you can use are the dice skin and the items in your camp chest.

Here's how to make a support ticket, with all due respect to the mods. This is one thing they can't help with.

https://larian.com/support

W
stranger
stranger
W
Originally Posted by Brutality
Couldn't agree 100% more. This forum should focus on what's important to this game. Then the other "useless stuff" LOL!

Have you sent a support ticket to Larian about your Deluxe Edition? Unfortunately, you had to download a lot of that stuff. But the two things that you can use are the dice skin and the items in your camp chest.

Here's how to make a support ticket, with all due respect to the mods. This is one thing they can't help with.

I submitted the ticket already. I would take the refund now. I'm at the point where I don't care to play the game.

apprentice
apprentice
This is a very welcome update laugh

K
stranger
stranger
K
welsh, my friend!
Don't you want to play a kick a$$ game that's being hailed as the #1 rpg of all time? Yeah, it's been delayed. Have I gone through the rollercoaster of emotion since August like you have? Yep. And do you know the best thing? We don't have to deal with all the bugs that PC and PS5 have had to deal with the past 2-6 weeks. We get a better game from the get go. Larian is committed to quality, and they could definitely use work on communication and transparency, but if it's coming out tomorrow let's do this! We could multiplayer together (you, me, Brutality and Salo) and get out whatever aggression hasn't been transformed into elation by slaying some orcs. We're almost there. Don't give up at the finish line.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T

Count me amongst those who agree. This is the official forum, not Twitter, not Facebook, not Discord, and not Reddit. They should be communicating with the players here.

That said, I'm a bit annoyed that their big talking piece about this patch is this mirror. This is something they had in their Divinity games, so this should have been in at launch.

I have little to no faith that those of us (and we are MANY) who want couch co-op to work like it did in the Divinity games are going to get this added.
It's almost as if whoever is at Larian now weren't around 5 years ago and have no clue about Divinity or how it's supposed to work.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by welsh1980
Originally Posted by Brutality

I submitted the ticket already. I would take the refund now. I'm at the point where I don't care to play the game.

Unfortunately it depends on how many days it's been? But I don't think you'll be able to refund your money unless you explain to them in detail about the Mac delay. And honestly I don't blame you wanting to give up on BG3. Because not being able to previously change my class and looks was a game-breaking. It's going to be patched tomorrow? But as far as I'm concerned I'm going to play Cyberpunk Phantom Liberty and this game can go **** it's self.

Good Luck!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard