Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
It was working perfectly fine before the patch, but now it is almost unplayable with how things load now.

Sometimes I will be walking around and the entire game will just freeze in time for up to 30 seconds while everything catches up. Except you the player can walk around and everyone is either frozen in place or walking stationary.

This happens when entering a new area or even fast traveling. Or even doing something as minor as opening a door.

Never saw these issues before in act 3 or in the earlier game at all.

Also, adaptive triggers aren't working like they used to at all.

stranger
stranger
I'm experiencing the same issue on PC despite having high end hardware, started happening in Act 3.
Running through the baldur's gate city this issue happens consistently, all npcs freezing in place and interactions not working for 10+ seconds at a time.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Up, have same problem. And my girlfriend when playing the game, hasn't any problem, but PS5 is mine WTF?

D
stranger
stranger
D
I can confirm this. I'm currently playing Act 3 on PS5 and you can't move around in the Undercity. All NPCs run on the spot, you can't open doors or interact, the cutscenes are bugged and the other team members don't move either. So the game is unplayable and I can't continue playing at the moment.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Even something as simple as the L2 menu now has a huge delay whereas before Patch 4 it was instant. Idk what Patch 4 did but it wasn't good.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Same issues, totally busted, what the heck is going on with this act that it's so poorly optimized? Honestly I would prefer fewer NPCs just to see a performance boost

C
stranger
stranger
C
I'd prefer a rollback. Idk what Patch 4 fixed but I could play the game perfectly fine prior to it.

S
stranger
stranger
S
There is the same issue on PC it seems.

I started noticing the issue at the end of Act 2, which was bearable, entering Act 3 is unbreable. Finally made it to Rivington, and I am also getting 2 minute + buffering/delays where I can move the selected character, but NPCs and interactibles seem frozen in time. Even saving the game needs the buffer. The only current way I can play the game is click a location, alt+tab for 5 minutes, then come back and do a single interaction.

Very dissapointed in this patch.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Can confirm same issues, they just can't seem to get act 3 right, buggy laggy glitchy mess

apprentice
apprentice
Same issue here. Act III basically unplayable on PS5

E
stranger
stranger
E
Can also confirm. Act 3 is virtually unplayable. I can walk maybe...5 feet in game before the Hud, party members and menues shut down for 30+ seconds. It'll unfreeze, then do it again 10 seconds later.

I thought it was my PS5 and literally disassembled it to deep clean it to thinking it was a heating/bottlenecking issue

M
M
If you have a savegame from a previous run in act3, one that was started before patch 4, you will see that it works perfectly. This seems to be a botched attempt at optimization.
You should send in a bug report so they know it's a critical problem affecting many people.

O
stranger
stranger
O
Same for me, registered just to post this. Got to act 3 on PS5 after Patch 4, and the game is pretty much unplayable in this area of the game. The world around the main character freezes in time constantly. And you can walk around for up to 2 minutes at a time with the world being stuck. Then it starts to try and catch up and process a massive list of actions and it can cause a crash to dash while do so. It gets really bad when trying to transition between areas of the map in the lower city. Also have issues were input is ignored, like trying to open a door. I have to hit the button 8-10 times before it opens the door. And then all the sudden it does it over and over as if those actions were queued as well. Even happens during combat. Where you have to sit and wait 30-40 seconds for someone to take their action and the animation to play out. This act is completely awful to try and play in this state.

EDIT: I just submitted a bug report to them as well. As I don't think this forum is meant for feedback. Seems like its just for other players to try and help each other.

Last edited by OulZac; 12/11/23 06:13 PM.
E
stranger
stranger
E
Thank you! I kept a few saves from previous runs and was able to use one of those, you were right. Bug free! I love it. Larian should recommend players use old saves or something *rolls eyes*

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
I am no expert but I think this game has severe memory leaks and act 3 in particular seems to be really poorly optimized regardless of platform, I really hope to see all this fixed at some point

E
stranger
stranger
E
Originally Posted by Stevenvfx
I am no expert but I think this game has severe memory leaks and act 3 in particular seems to be really poorly optimized regardless of platform, I really hope to see all this fixed at some point

I don't think it's a memory leak, if it was a lot of things would break completely and wouldn't function period to my experience. Honestly, what it feels like is someone did the testing on a Dev kit Console and not a factory one, or a rig that was beefed up that it hid the problems you'd find on common retailer stuff. It might be the way the game handles your processing cores and threads, which would explain why it suddenly just bottlenecks then goes again. At this point, they should heavily just consider a rollback for a brief moment until it can be fixed, cause as of right now...if you got a new save, you physically can't play it at all.

A
stranger
stranger
A
this is happend to be asweal act 3 is verry laggy right now hope new update fix this soon

T
stranger
stranger
T
Same here. I just submitted a couple of bug reports. I can't even fight Cazador has my companions won't follow me into the final chamber and Cazador pops in as I get closer but doesn't monologue and I can't interact with him.

Last edited by tonylaw74; 13/11/23 04:44 PM.
L
stranger
stranger
L
im also experiencing similar issues. Act 3 been lagging and lots of texture dissapearing issues. Decided to pause my campaign and wait for the fix, hope this get pacthed soon.

stranger
stranger
Having the same issues on PS. Like, it took 10 minutes for it to unfreeze and catch up. I couldn't even save the game and just exit. Hope they fix soon, I'm having withdrawals. I was so close to getting a piece of gear to complete my spore ice druid theme.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard