Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
Initially it looked like hotfix 11 solved the issue. The improvement was clearly felt in the Rivington and general Lower City areas, so it's clear that the hotfix did something. After a while however the issues started creeping back. In the Lower City I am experiencing lags that take a few seconds, which is mostly annoying, but at least not game breaking. During the Counting House mission the problem returned with full force. It took once again full minutes for the cutscene to launch. The Cazador dungeon is even worse. Once again it takes minutes for the NPCs to load. Unplayable. Something is fundamentally broken here, and two weeks were not enough to properly fix it.

I timed it, and it took almost 5 minutes for the Bhaal Temple door to open...

I'm starting to lose hope here. How is this game a GoTY candidate? This is even worse the Cyberpunk at launch.

Last edited by MalacPok; 18/11/23 09:44 PM.
stranger
stranger
yep same here on PS5
I'm currently trying to fight the Disciples of Shar under the house of grief and as I reach the bottom of the stairs the game becomes a slideshow like the rest of act3 was before patch 11

I dodged the Cyberpunk launch and picked it up after the game was patched and playable
I fear I jumped the gun buying this unpolished mess

GOTY lol only if the G = glitch

on PS5
V
stranger
stranger
V
The sad thing is that i have played 2 times already and everything was running very smooth, but this last update went downhill.

old hand
old hand
I’m just taking a break until they get all of the latest issues sorted. I’ve seen and experienced some very perplexing bugs since patch 4 dropped. They’ll fix it up eventually

stranger
stranger
it's taken up to a min for each action in this fight I'm going to load a previous save and hope they fix this soon

on PS5
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
I have noticed post patch the primary issue for me is in multiplayer, lags, freezes, texture drops and crashes, however when I load the same save and run it solo the game runs fine, this is on PS5 any idea what is going on here?

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Ecc2ca
I’m just taking a break until they get all of the latest issues sorted. I’ve seen and experienced some very perplexing bugs since patch 4 dropped. They’ll fix it up eventually
Yeah, I am doing the same right now. I was only 5 hours into act 3, so I just gonna replay it, when bugs are fixed. There is actually a way to roll back to patch 3 on PC, but it's too much effort honestly.

A
stranger
stranger
A
If you are on PC the situation is somewhat fixable (worked for me at least)

01. Download BG3 Script Extender with Console - https://github.com/Norbyte/bg3se/releases

02. open the archive and drag the DWrite.dll and ScriptExtenderSettings.json to your BG3's "bin" folder.
Simplified example: D:\Games\Baldurs Gate 3\bin

03. Start the game and notice how a separate window will boot up. This is the console window.
WARNING: You may minimize the console window but NEVER close it or the game will shut down with it.

04. Load your save (especially relevant for ACT 3)

05. Now activate the console window and press ENTER once to prime it for commands

06. In console window paste this code and press enter:
_D(Osi.DB_InternScene_AllowDisturbanceForScene:Get(nil,nil))

07. In console window paste this code and press enter:
--[[

08. In console window paste this code and press enter:
Table = {}
for g,v in ipairs(Osi.DB_InternScene_AllowDisturbanceForScene:Get(nil,nil)) do table.insert(Table,v[2]) end
from = 1
up_to = 200
for k = 1,50,1 do
for i = #Table,1,-1 do
for j=from,up_to,1 do
Osi.DB_InternScene_AllowDisturbanceForScene:Delete(j,Table[i])
end
end
print("Loop " .. k .. " done.")
print ("from: " .. from .. " up to: " .. up_to)
from = from +200
up_to = up_to + 200
end
print("All done")

09. In console window paste this code and press enter:
]]--

10. Now everything should be working without any lag or issues.

11. Make sure to SAVE.

From my very limited testing I think whatever we did in the console is "saved" with our specific save because when I quit the game and load up the save I had no lag or anything. But if you do get any lag or issues just repeat everything from step 04.

Good luck everyone.

Last edited by Avalonica; 19/11/23 02:50 AM. Reason: typo
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by MalacPok
During the Counting House mission the problem returned with full force. It took once again full minutes for the cutscene to launch.

The bank-fight was like that for me (I'm on the PC-version) - but that was before hotfix 11.

After that one dropped, my Act III problems with rubber banding/freezing/companions not following, etc all went away.

There's still plenty of other annoying bugs left ... like camera issues in conversations, my Minsc's character portrait getting messed up when I leveled him up for the first time and, most worryingly, my game insta-CTDing when I try to deactivate DLAA in the video-options. That last one has been happening for me since patch 4 dropped.

But I did all sorts of Act III "leg work" since the hotfix (Guild fight, cheesing cheap divine blessings for five characters, lots of shopping and picking up other quests, collecting most Clown bodyparts, etc) and it all ran smoothly.

S.

Last edited by 1Sascha; 19/11/23 09:08 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Guess I'll have to slightly alter my last statement:

Entering Wyrm's Rock (on foot) from the lower city, kinda, sorta resurrected this bug. It was a mild case, with the delay/period of inactivity between entering the area and the "new area" audio and text cue playing, maybe, 10 or 20 seconds... but it was definitely there and my companions were, once more, frozen in place while Tav was running ahead.

I then went into the kitchen area and exited it through the hidden door that leads to the eastern cliff outside of the fortress/prison to start the Florrick rescue mission. While walking around outside, I had another mini-freeze.

After the rescue, I fast traveled and also ran all over the place to see if the bug had come back for good, but everything was still running smoothly in all other areas I tried.

EDIT: Just entered the area around Baldur's Gate/Figaro's for the first time and there, too I had some minor rubber-banding/lag events. Not nearly as bad as it was prior to the hotfix, but it's still there. Most of the Lower City and Rivington/Sharess' Caress-areas seem to still work fine, though.

S.

Last edited by 1Sascha; 19/11/23 08:10 PM.
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
It's shocking the state of act 3 is in after all these updates, it clearly wasn't tested and certainly had no attention given to multiplayer in these areas

T
Tay Offline
stranger
stranger
T
Still having this lag issue like most people on here. This is my third play through, the previous play throughs I had no issues. But my current play through is really bad, lag spikes hard core in most area's of Act 3.

There's someone posting (previous posts) a possible solution, can any one confirm this is legitimate or just someone planting a key logger virus on my pc?

Thanks all

old hand
old hand
Hey, Larian announced earlier today that they’re releasing patch 5 soon. This week actually. They say they’ve pinpointed the cause of the lagging problem, and will be fixing it in the patch. Hopefully it works!

Last edited by Ecc2ca; 27/11/23 07:51 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard