Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Maxxrox Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
0/10, would never recommend. Halsin's the worst companion by far.

Aside from being useless and boring, his quest in Act 2 is bugged. I would greatly prefer shoving him into the closest chasm to ensure I never have to see his generic face again, but would like to
cure the Darklands and save Thaniel.

The issue:
I've freed the Nightsong, plus cleared the Gauntlet of Shar
; I've not entered the
Tower
proper. Returning to
the Last Light Inn and speaking with Art after playing his lute
prompts me to retrieve useless Druidboi. I return to camp, inform Stupidbear, he tells me to meet him back at
the inn
. I head back to
the Inn
, speak to
Art (or Chumpchanger, same stupid convo ensues)
and I get the same boring conversation, concluding with the Archchipmunk requesting that I join his stupid butt
on the lakeshore.

Except: that useless Grand Gartersnake hangs around outside the
Inn's infirmary
like he's a lounge lizard drowning in cheap bathroom cologne; you can no longer speak to his boring ass and he doesn't bother moving toward the afore-mentioned meeting location. Best-girl Karlach pushed his ignorant posterior all the way to
the beachfront
location (!!), but he doesn't do anything but complain and whine, per usual. Traveling to camp and back doesn't do anything but give that skulking pervert more chances to peek at
Art while he's trying to recover from decades of trauma
. Reloading to earlier save points (a technically impossible feat for someone playing on Honor Mode, btw) simply results in stupid Halsin continuing to be stupid Halsin.

I tried the various harebrained schemes posted around the intertubes attempting to make this Craven Chihuahua Changeling act right (killing Art and animating his corpes, traveling, resting, sacrificing chickens, etc., etc.) but nothing has worked; Halsin persists in his derp.

Request: Can we just have the option to completely route around the flat personality that is Halsin and save
the Darklands
without involving his boring self? If not, can we simply make it that entering
the lakeside
after agreeing to meet starts a cutscene where the Boring Bruin shows up and lets us save the day so we can relegate him back to the far corner of camp where he belongs?[u][/u]

Last edited by Maxxrox; 03/12/23 11:17 PM.
R
journeyman
journeyman
R
Report those bugs, seems Larian broke things with Patch 5, again. The sooner they know, the sooner they will hopefully fix things.

Last edited by Rebel Moon; 04/12/23 05:24 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard