Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 44 of 49 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 48 49
A
old hand
old hand
A
Originally Posted by Filia
That's a good point, Astarion can still find joy, but for Karlach, afaik, she never wanted to go back to Avernus, so she will most likely not feel joy or anything positive.

What I would have really loved for Karlach, was an ending where you can convince her ( plus Wyll and or loveinterest) to stick around the House of Hope and help Hope to create a safe haven for all the lost and desperate souls of Avernus to find respite in.

More to the topic of the thread: Has anyone yet discovered how this platonic path with Halsin plays out that was mentioned in the patch notes? (Added a platonic path when talking to Halsin at camp if you haven't been flirting with him.) It's unrelated to Halsin but I was glad to notice that Wyll did not try to win me over with his dancing in Act 2 despite not having flirted with him before either.

Last edited by Anska; 07/03/24 10:35 AM.
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Originally Posted by DarkAngelBeckons
May I ask when they changed Astarion from looking for a way to walk in the sun to finding a cure for vampirism? Can you even link a video or post a picture of the dialogue? Please?

I dont know about others but for me the two concepts are synonymous and its easier/faster to just say cure than to say specifically to help him be in sunlight again

A
old hand
old hand
A
Originally Posted by DarkAngelBeckons
May I ask when they changed Astarion from looking for a way to walk in the sun to finding a cure for vampirism? Can you even link a video or post a picture of the dialogue? Please?

It's in the epilogue. When you talk to Minsc and he asks what you have been up to, you can say that the two of you have been looking for a cure for vampirism.

The timestamp didn't work, it's at 3:49
[video:youtube]
[/video]

Last edited by Anska; 07/03/24 10:33 AM.
A
old hand
old hand
A
I finished Halsin's quest in the Shadowcurse and got what seems to be the dialogue for his new platonic path in the follow-up conversation. I put the log of both branches in the spoiler below with a little bit of the rest of the conversation for context. But this does look nice, doesn't it?

Friends and nothing more, then?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I'm glad to have you.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Anska
I finished Halsin's quest in the Shadowcurse and got what seems to be the dialogue for his new platonic path in the follow-up conversation. I put the log of both branches in the spoiler below with a little bit of the rest of the conversation for context. But this does look nice, doesn't it?

I'm glad to have you.

Sounds great for people who want a friendship path while still having a dialogue option for a romance path for those who missed an earlier flirt! Does he still offer to join existing relationships on the friendship path? If not, that should solve one of the issues some people were having with him.

A
old hand
old hand
A
@Icelyn: I unfortunately don't know yet. I am still at the very start of Act 2, freeing Minthara and saving Thaniel/Oliver were the first things I did.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Honestly Halsin... he feels redundant.
After Act 2 we already have Jaheira, so why do we need him? His story Arc is over after shadowlands...

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Originally Posted by Anska

I'm glad to have you.

Well, hopefully SH romancers get what they want in this case

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by AmayaTenjo
Well, hopefully SH romancers get what they want in this case
Someone said that Halsin still does his porposie threesome banter and, well, of course his still tries to do things in a brothel. So...
I can't confirm it yet though.

Besides, I think SH deserves actual Shar/Selune split up reaction-wise.

F
F
Originally Posted by Netav
Someone said that Halsin still does his porposie threesome banter and, well, of course his still tries to do things in a brothel. So...
I can't confirm it yet though.

If that's the case, then where is the point of adding a platonic path? You can just tell him you don't feel anything and then you don't have any kind of (sexual) relationship or did I miss something?
The whole point was for him to not make any advances, right?

If you want to answer to any of my posts with just hate, please just don't answer at all.

If you want just to white knight everything and can't accept opinions, please don't even answer me.

Thank you!
A
old hand
old hand
A
I think that is something you can only test on a new save. When reloading into one of my old saves to go an a boat ride with Gale, both Halsin and Mizora's propositions had been reset and I assume that the flirty route is the default / fall back one since everything else would be terribly unfair to the people who actually want to romance Halsin.

It's obvious that brothel and banter have nothing to do with a relationship.

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Seho
It's obvious that brothel and banter have nothing to do with a relationship.
It only makes Halsin worse. Imagine following that "friendship" platonic path and he proposes a threesome after with banter anyway out of the blue. Not a good impression of a character, not good at all.
Brothel thing is completely disconnected and still in need of full rework honestly anyway(Gale, Shart, Astarion, all of them). Also the fact that you can cheat on every LI with unromanced Astarion there without any consequence...yeah. It needs serious work.

I have no problem with flirting, SH has no problem with it either. smile

I don't care about the banter, but I like the brothel the way it is.

Last edited by Seho; 09/03/24 03:54 PM.
N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Seho
I have no problem with flirting, SH has no problem with it either. smile

I don't care about the banter, but I like the brothel the way it is.
We already know that, Janset. You might need to reread this topic or previous(locked) one to understand why others are not ok with it(and it's one of the reasons why these topics were created in the first place). Memory refreshing is good, trust me, especially if you tend to forget things.

And in banter Halsin hits on both Tav/Durge and Shadowheart, so what was the point of platonic path if he is gonna hit on you and your LI anyway?

Last edited by Netav; 09/03/24 04:12 PM.
? Regardless, we actually know what their problem is, etc. laugh

F
F
We already know that, Janset. You might need to reread this topic or previous(locked) one to understand why others are not ok with it(and it's one of the reasons why these topics were created in the first place). Memory refreshing is good, trust me, especially if you tend to forget things.

And in banter Halsin hits on both Tav/Durge and Shadowheart, so what was the point of platonic path if he is gonna hit on you and your LI anyway?

Don't even try, this person can't accept any other opinions.

BTT: I would really like to see if Halsin's advances are removed on the platonic path but I don't feel myself playing again with all the other unfixed stuff, to be honest.
If they didn't remove it, what's the point then? Like what do we get out of it beside a few new lines? Not a change in his character at all? If so, they made him even more unbelievable.
It's like having a knee surgery when your hips are bad.

If you want to answer to any of my posts with just hate, please just don't answer at all.

If you want just to white knight everything and can't accept opinions, please don't even answer me.

Thank you!
N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Filia
Don't even try, this person can't accept any other opinions.

BTT: I would really like to see if Halsin's advances are removed on the platonic path but I don't feel myself playing again with all the other unfixed stuff, to be honest.
If they didn't remove it, what's the point then? Like what do we get out of it beside a few new lines? Not a change in his character at all? If so, they made him even more unbelievable.
It's like having a knee surgery when your hips are bad.
Oh, I am well aware of this individual, too well.

I think you have to start a new game and test it out, probably loaded games on a new patch fuck up things. That's my theory.
But as I said, it would make 0 sense if they added few lines for his platonic path and banter is still in the game(Idk about brothel, it needs rework for sure and it's not only about reworking Halsin's behaviour there as I stated above).

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Okay, let’s not take digs at other forum members!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
F
F
Oh, I am well aware of this individual, too well.

I think you have to start a new game and test it out, probably loaded games on a new patch fuck up things. That's my theory.
But as I said, it would make 0 sense if they added few lines for his platonic path and banter is still in the game(Idk about brothel, it needs rework for sure and it's not only about reworking Halsin's behaviour there as I stated above).

I guess I have to wait until someone else does so, I don't really have enough time (and interest) in playing it again (and again and again with each patch), especially not if I feel tired after work.

Really hope someone shares their experience and until that, I can wait patiently. smile

Thank you!
Page 44 of 49 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 48 49

Link Copied to Clipboard