Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
Hello everyone,

We’ve got a small hotfix for you today, fixing a couple of issues with trading and bartering.
Now, you can safely carry on with your shopping sprees across the Forgotten Realms!

Thank you for taking the time to submit your reports to us. We are continuing to work on fixes for other reported issues with Patch 6.

As always, if you’re experiencing issues after installing the latest update, please check whether the issue persists with your mods uninstalled. As mods aren’t officially supported at the moment, some installed mods may become temporarily incompatible with new patches and hotfixes.

If you continue to experience issues after uninstalling the mods, please reach out to our support team with your report. Thank you for playing Baldur’s Gate 3!

FIXES
  • Fixed an issue that would cause vendors to initially display their current gold amount as zero.
  • Fixed a crash when entering into bartering with a vendor. Hagglers rejoice!

Last edited by Salo; 20/02/24 02:27 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Look at crash report cf2dr. I think that is what it identified as when it crashed the first time when I tried to lockpick the trunk just outside the crash site

Last edited by JEDIMASTER; 20/02/24 03:35 PM.

May the Force be with you
old hand
old hand
Thank you! smile Hope to see Shadowheart’s Grymforge kiss getting fixed soon, then. Thank you for all of your hard work.

B
B
Originally Posted by Ecc2ca
Thank you! smile Hope to see Shadowheart’s Grymforge kiss getting fixed soon, then. Thank you for all of your hard work.

+1 Just started Grymforge and would love to see this fixed as well.

veteran
veteran
Glad you have partially resolved this. A related issue remains. If you are caught stealing from a merchant and decide to knock them out the game can hang and then you can no longer control your party.

The workaround is to dismiss all party members, travel to camp and recruit them again.

Hope this can be fixed soon - seem related the issues you just patched.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Sigh... how do I roll back the hotfix? Want to go back to patch 6 pre-hotfix.

veteran
veteran
Are you on GoG?

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Steam

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Originally Posted by Salo
snip

Can you guys please just post a link to the .exe of pre-hotfix18 patch 6 somewhere to avoid days and weeks of frustration from parts of your player base that you just made the game unplayable for like you did with Patch 4... a simple act of good will can go a long way. Thank you.

Last edited by Dolfanar; 21/02/24 12:51 AM.
Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
So I'm on PS5 with no mods...vendors still display 0 for gold initially and refreshing their inventory still takes 3-5 seconds, sometimes longer. So the hotfix improved the lag times but did not solve the issue it claimed to solve, evidently.

A
stranger
stranger
A
so ever since the patch 6 and hotfix 18, I haven't been able to play my game or make a new character without the game crashing. I've tried everything I could find, I got rid of the mods, installed the game again after uninstalling it, I've sent an email to Larian's support haven't heard anything from them, I downloaded the newest bg3LSB thing, and I even found some advice to change the the depot files and nothing has worked. I'm not sure what to do anymore, does anyone have any kind of advice that will actually work?

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Seems hotfix 18 completely broke the script extender & mods due to something being wrong with the games exe file itself, i dont know the technical details but the game is no longer loading files properly.

More info at https://github.com/Norbyte/bg3se/issues/293 and other similar posts there.

Please fix asap, not only is the game unplayable for many players but people can easily corrupt their save files without knowing anything is wrong until its too late (good bye honor save).

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Bogdanov89
Seems hotfix 18 completely broke the script extender & mods due to something being wrong with the games exe file itself, i dont know the technical details but the game is no longer loading files properly.

More info at https://github.com/Norbyte/bg3se/issues/293 and other similar posts there.

Please fix asap, not only is the game unplayable for many players but people can easily corrupt their save files without knowing anything is wrong until its too late (good bye honor save).

Only the modding community can do that, modders need to catch up and make their modding tools (like the Script extender), and mods, compatible with the latest game exe.

Thats the trouble with modding a game which has not finished being developed, you will always be wishing for everyone who makes the mods to catch up. And any game saves which have become dependant upon having the mod tools and mods working correctly will be borked in the meantime.

Larian cant do anything about mod tool and mod problems. Its not their problem.
And we certainly dont want Larian stopping patching the game for the sake of mod stability, that would be ridiculous.

You need to be asking the Script extender guys to fix asap .. But bare in mind that those guys are just unpaid hobby programmers, doing what they do in their own spare time, so you would be better off just being patient and not pestering them, or playing your game without mods and starting again, until the game is fully developed and modding the game becomes a stable practice sometime in the future.

Last edited by 4lt3rn1ty; 21/02/24 10:31 AM.

Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb Dual Channel) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games).
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by JEDIMASTER
Look at crash report cf2dr. I think that is what it identified as when it crashed the first time when I tried to lockpick the trunk just outside the crash site

In addition to this. I had a very strange experience in the same place (locked trunk at the former location, where you could find the enthralled fisherman, after freeing them). I didn't have to use lockpicking at all, because the trunk opened, but by displaying that my MC had used a key from my bard's shared inventory, which is bollocks.

For further understanding. My MC is a rogue and always has all the lock picks and keys. So there is never a reason for a shared inventory. Also, this particular chest can only be opened by lockpicking or force because there is no key for it or was never intended to be. The first key you find after the prologue is in the chapel... Hence no clue why it showed me the shared inventory window and opened the trunk...

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 21/02/24 10:48 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by 4lt3rn1ty
Originally Posted by Bogdanov89

Only the modding community can do that, modders need to catch up and make their modding tools (like the Script extender), and mods, compatible with the latest game exe.

Thats the trouble with modding a game which has not finished being developed, you will always be wishing for everyone who makes the mods to catch up. And any game saves which have become dependant upon having the mod tools and mods working correctly will be borked in the meantime.

Larian cant do anything about mod tool and mod problems. Its not their problem.
And we certainly dont want Larian stopping patching the game for the sake of mod stability, that would be ridiculous.

You need to be asking the Script extender guys to fix asap .. But bare in mind that those guys are just unpaid hobby programmers, doing what they do in their own spare time, so you would be better off just being patient and not pestering them, or playing your game without mods and starting again, until the game is fully developed and modding the game becomes a stable practice sometime in the future.

In principle, most of your points are valid. But in practice it's not that cut and dried. Larian CAN do something about it and it IS partly their problem. Since BG3 was in early access for nearly three years and has been in release for six months, it's high time they delivered on their promise of official mod support. There will always be some people who want to tweak things no matter what gets added to the base game. But it's an issue that so many people feel that they can't even PLAY BG3 without some essential mods (like WASD movement and Native Camera Tweaks and a few others). Those things should've been added to the base game by now. Most people who use mods do understand the downside of waiting for mods fixes when there's a patch, but most mod authors are pretty quick about updating their mods.

However, when a game patch completely blows up a foundation/framework that tons of mods are built on, it IS something Larian should try to take into account in advance. I WOULD prefer that they not patch the game in that case, because the few fixes they'll put in aren't worth the cost of what will be broken. At the very least, they should give mod authors a heads up about major changes that are incoming, perhaps by way of a forum or email distribution list – whatever. If you're familiar with how Blizzard supported mods in WoW (I haven't played in years, so I don't know the current state of things), I'd like to see something similar in BG3. Yes, I know that was a subscription game and Blizzard was making way more money, and from time to time the player base wasn't happy with changes they made, either. But overall it was way better than what we have for this game, and it is possible to get partway there with smaller studios and games. To completely exempt Larian from any responsibility whatsoever smacks of fanboyism.

Originally Posted by SeethingSage
However, when a game patch completely blows up a foundation/framework that tons of mods are built on, it IS something Larian should try to take into account in advance. I WOULD prefer that they not patch the game in that case, because the few fixes they'll put in aren't worth the cost of what will be broken. At the very least, they should give mod authors a heads up about major changes that are incoming, perhaps by way of a forum or email distribution list – whatever. If you're familiar with how Blizzard supported mods in WoW (I haven't played in years, so I don't know the current state of things), I'd like to see something similar in BG3. Yes, I know that was a subscription game and Blizzard was making way more money, and from time to time the player base wasn't happy with changes they made, either. But overall it was way better than what we have for this game, and it is possible to get partway there with smaller studios and games. To completely exempt Larian from any responsibility whatsoever smacks of fanboyism.
There is a very simple solution Larian could've employed that would've solved all of these issues. Just contact the creators of mods like the Script Extender, have them sign NDAs and give them access to patches ahead of time. Then they could modify their code to account for it.

Alternatively they could tell us the status of the modding toolset. That in of itself would most likely cause tempers to dampen. Since at least we could go "Yeah things are bad right now but they will be better than ever before soon."

M
stranger
stranger
M
it's really disappointing that there were no problems with the big patch 6 but with the small hotfix many mods no longer working, making the game unplayable. And everything because they messed up the *exe. Not a good performance at all Larian.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by midnightlight
it's really disappointing that there were no problems with the big patch 6 but with the small hotfix many mods no longer working, making the game unplayable. And everything because they messed up the *exe. Not a good performance at all Larian.

The thing is, is that I am not sure it’s just modded games. It seems to run the gammit. My game is modded and I will have random crashes. But all my mods are not BGSE dependent. These crashes seem like memory leaks to be honest…

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
You sure bothered to write a detailed reply but you did not bother to actually read the post & included link you replied/quoted.

According to the people behind the script extender the bg3 hotfix 18 did something very wrong with the BG3 exe file (or whatever, i am not a programmer).

They are expecting larian will, hopefully, notice this and will revert the patch or release a new hotfix - like they have done once in the past when this identical issue has occurred.

I am just trying to get this issue to larians attention quicker because frankly the hotfix 18 has bricked the game for me, and i would prefer if larian could fix their game instead of me trying to revert the game version to patch 6 via steam depot.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Lotus Noctus
Originally Posted by JEDIMASTER

In addition to this. I had a very strange experience in the same place (locked trunk at the former location, where you could find the enthralled fisherman, after freeing them). I didn't have to use lockpicking at all, because the trunk opened, but by displaying that my MC had used a key from my bard's shared inventory, which is bollocks.

For further understanding. My MC is a rogue and always has all the lock picks and keys. So there is never a reason for a shared inventory. Also, this particular chest can only be opened by lockpicking or force because there is no key for it or was never intended to be. The first key you find after the prologue is in the chapel... Hence no clue why it showed me the shared inventory window and opened the trunk...

I found another one (at Alfiras location) and maybe there are more. Here is how I re-encounterd the issue: Gilded chests (or one of them, most likely from the Lazarus Chapel) are incorrectly counted as keys / lockpicks by the system, as you can see on my screenshots. I don't know exactly which chest it is, but it must be one of the ones or maybe all you can find in the chapel or earlier...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Link Copied to Clipboard