Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
addict
OP Offline
addict
Hotfix 19 didn't correct this. This happens in both modded and unmodded saves. With and or without the Script extender (none of my mods require it). Each time is crashes, it sends in the reports. I think I am up to 20ish reports now =).

To be honest, I have no clue as to what or why it's happening. Very rarely had crashes before Hotfix 18. The only commonality is time. I can let the game sit and do nothing and it will crash in about 15 minutes and/or I can play and it will crash in about 15 minutes. The only time it did something odd was when Raphael showed up at the Harper cache and the game immediately crashed.

All divers update, files verified a few times, no other signs of computer failure and no overclocking, etc. All temps fine, etc. Not sure what other info I can post cause I have no clue LOL, but Larian is getting a whole heap of crash reports from me...

Any suggestions?

Specs:
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X
Nvidia 4070ti
32gb Ram

addict
OP Offline
addict
More info. Have have got steam to stop the Larian launcher so that when it does crash I don't have to reset all my settings, etc. However, it does seem to be crashing more during cut scenes.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Same issue here. Updated everything I can and still crashes every 10 to 15 minutes.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Now the game won't even start, launcher gets hung up at 93%. Googled that issue and tried everything suggested to fix it and it's still not coming up.

addict
OP Offline
addict
Looks like hot fix 20 fixed my crashes. I suspect this was the fix: “Fixed a potential crash when preloading complex cinematics”.

Link Copied to Clipboard