Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
So I'm finally level 26 and I want to get archmage armor which I was told was in the flying fortress. So where is it?

Support
Support

Do you mean where specifically, or which one? That set is in various chests throughout Stone's flying fortress (teleporter access on the north end of the island in the channel on the way to the harbor).

Specifically (from the walkthrough);
-The ten piece Archmage set is hidden in treasure chests around the fortress.

1: The ring is straight northeast of the entrance, right next to the first
generator.

2: The cuirass is slightly northeast of the last (northernmost) generator.

3: The gauntlets are just a couple tents south of the cuirass.

4: The earrings are on the same platform as the gauntlets and cuirass, at its
southeastern end.

5: The belt is on the same platform as the gauntlets, cuirass, and earrings,
but one level up. It's just south of the ramp leading up to the top level.

6: The leggings are on the same platform as the last several pieces, but at
the very top, on the northwest side.

7: The helmet is hidden on a tiny platform south of Stone's Greenery.

8: The necklace is on the east side of a small platform overlooking Stone's
Greenery from the north.

9: The bracelet is on the northeastern side of the lower tier of the large
platform beneath Stone's Greenery.

10: The warhammer is northwest of the entrance, two levels up.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
When you say north end of the island, which island are you refering to?

Support
Support

On the way to the harbor from the starting area in the fjords, there is a relatively narrow mountainous island. Fly up and east of the depleted ore mine, then follow the mountain north east. The teleporter entrance to the fortress is right across the water from one of the 'Reaping the Seeds' quest trees.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Cool I found it and the whole set of armor in about an hour thanks for the guides =)

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
What happens when you complete a flying fortress or in other words, how do you know when you completed it?

Support
Support

Each fortress has various anti-dragon shields that need to be taken down, and a commander in a headquarters. There is an equipment set in each of the fortresses for Stone, Raze and Kali. If you get all that, then you know you've pretty much cleared the fortress.

There is an achievement when you complete all of the fortresses, but nothing for each individual one. I usually fly away from the fortress to get a general overview when I am done, and fly by each of the platforms in a methodical way (depending on how the fortress is constructed it may be easier to check out all the highest level platforms, then the next level down, etc). In dragon form you can see if chests are open or closed, and if you make a practice of breaking all crates and barrels, any you spot from the air mean that you missed something.

In the action RPG I of the Dragon, there was a spell that would reveal the direction of all opponents. Once activated, for a limited time you would see a glowing red/orange aura in whatever direction there were opponents. You didn't get a distance (unless they were visible onscreen anyway), but that made it much easier to track down the last remaining creatures in an area.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
oh ok....also another question...um I wanted to upgrade my skill training pllatform in battle tower and my trainer says that her sister Kali has something she needs to upgrade the training area, there was a problem. The way to her flying fortress is blocked by a force feild so my question is how do you deactivate the force feild blocking the way along with the forcefeilds around the harbor?

Support
Support

I don't think you can take down the anti-dragon field around the harbor. For the goblin forcefield, there are four ballistas surrounded by a blue lightning kind of effect, which you need to destroy. Just wipe out everything (catapults, houses, etc) in dragon form. There are a couple ledges overlooking that area on the other side of the water, where you could retreat to heal (which is faster in human form).

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Cool Thanks for the help....um also another question lol.....how do you improve your alcamey(didn't spell right) platform?

By completing the first quest for your alchemist then talking to sassan.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard