Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#408721 12/03/10 02:56 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Anyone else sometimes run into glitches/bugs where you do absolutely no damage to creatures. It's happened to me twice now. First time when I first arrived in Orobas Fjords using the teleporter and was fighting those Imps. I fought the ones immediately by the teleporter. Went up towards Crabbe and talked to him. Came back down towards the beach and all of a sudden I was doing no damage to anyone.

Now it's just happened again. I just went up north to that little village that was being attacked by Trolls. I was fighting the Mother Troll and doing a little bit of damage with Fireballs and Explosive Arrows. All of a sudden I'm doing no damage again.

If it weren't for the fact that I'm constantly saving my game, I'd be getting really pissed having to start over again. Usually a reload of the game is the only thing that seems to fix these glitches/bugs.

Last edited by PurpleMushroomz; 12/03/10 02:57 AM.
Support
Support

If a creature is at the limit of their range (they will not follow you more than a set distance from their starting point), they will not take damage.

A couple people have also reported specific opponents being invulnerable, but IIRC leaving the area and returning would generally fix the problem. One of these cases was with the imps at the start of the fjords (near the teleporter); they bypassed the area by jumping off the mountain, and when they worked their way back up later, didn't have any problem doing damage.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard