Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Boombox Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Alright, so here's a game killing bug/glitch I can reproduce, and I even have a save file which can be loaded and has the bug/glitch within it.

I used the search function and did not turn-up anything including "Wesson" or "movement" during my search, so this has either been discussed within another topic, or hasn't been approached yet in this scenario.

I'm on my first play-through and this is as far as I have traveled, so I don't know what happens next. I'm happy to report I did not screw myself over or I'd have to go through ALL of what I have done, something along the lines of 20 hours (I'm a pack mule type player so I don't pass anything up).

This is the problem: I was able to approach Wesson the first time I saw him, obviously so I could talk to him and find out more about his part in this game. After the dialogue ends, it leaves cinematic mode and back to the third person mode. Unfortunately, this is the bad part: I can only look up and down, access all of the menus in game and the main menu, but nothing else. I can't look left or right. I can't move, I can't brandish my weaponry. I've tried changing equipment, using potions, destroying stuff, etc.. just to see if maybe that would snap the game out of this little crush of a bug.

If I skip Wesson altogether then it seems as if everything is alright, but the minute he's approached this occurs. I just did it 4 more times loading my quick save, including with the main menu save file I created, an additional 4 more times (just to see if the game would correct itself, these silly Gamebryo engine games sometimes do this) without any progress. I'd like to see if other people have encountered this during other parts of the game, or if others are aware of this bug happening in this scenario.. Anyways, I'll be checking back periodically, but it's back to seeing if I can find a work-around or just continue playing.

Support
Support

I don't think I've seen this problem mentioned with Wesson before.
Some people had a similar problem talking to the 4 sleeping people in Broken Valley, near Bellagar's shrine in the bandit area mountains. The workarounds in that case were to either save before talking to each person, and then just reload if there was a problem and try again, or after exiting the conversation quicksave when stuck, exit the game, restart the game and load the quicksave (which should get everything back to normal).

If the quicksave / exit / reload method doesn't help, there is something else you may be able to try. If you go to the main camp of shipwrecked people and talk to Radcliff, he will tell you he wants to challenge the other enchanter. If you talk to Wesson and end with that, maybe that will avoid whatever problem you had talking to him before.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Apologies. I can't find an appropriate string to ask these quesitons. The search engine for the Forums isn't helping me.

I am one of the geographically changed in this game and in the real world both. I've been to the bandit camp in broken valley a few times but I still have some unfinished busines there and I can't find it again. Can anyone give me simple directions to it?

Also try as I might I haven't been able to find the mysterious shrine. Can you help me find my way?

These days I keep running in circles all over broken valley and that isn't much fun.
Please help.

Support
Support

At the top left of the Help/Tips/Tricks forum index page (or that of other individual forums), below the graphic and forum menu, there is a 'New Topic' button.

The easiest way to get to the bandit camp would propably be to take a teleporter shrine to the quarry, then as you head away from the quarry and jump/climb up to the main ground level, turn right. Following the path will being you right to the bandit camp if you keep to the right.

Here is a map of Broken Valley, and you can also put markers on the in-game map (though you can not add text descriptions).

The mysterious shrines are areas similar to where you met Talana, and involve Bellegar popping up when you enter each for the first time (after which you can meet him again at the spot you met Talana).

D
stranger
stranger
D
A thousand thanks for your kind asistance. Je vous remercie mille fois!

I thought I was looking for THE mysterious shrine not just A mysterious shrine.

B
Boombox Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
I would just like to give a follow-up.

I haven't played Divinity II since I created this post. So it's been SEVERAL months.

However, I decided to fire it back up, load up my save and see if the bug was somehow resolved. As we all know, drivers get updated from time to time, and the Nvidia PhysX driver has been updated a few times. Everything else on my system, except for Windows updates, has remained the same, including graphics drivers.

Anyways, I would imagine this bug I experienced may have been due to PhysX in some way. Either an NPC was out of place, or perhaps an item was colliding somewhere, or something. The bug is resolved, and I am back to playing again.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard