Next Thread
Print Thread
A
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
A
ive noticed a lot of odd numbers in prices and experience
for example buying the goblin energy orb cost 5687 gold rather than 5000/5500/6000 at first i thought this might have just been because the trader was a goblin and was not good at math
but then i turned in a quest a moment later and 4873 exp as a reward

is this intentional or am i getting some kind of odd glitch

veteran
veteran
We all get said values.
Probably a multiplier added somewhere.

What for? Only Larian knows.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
I think the prices are based on mathematical formulae, hence the non-rounded values.

For example, enchanting/disenchanting items before you sell them adjusts the sale price.

Experience is definitely calculated using a formula, and is affected by your current character level.

A
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
A
ok exp as a quest reward wasn't level based in ED i thought it would have stayed the same in FOV

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by androshalforc
ok exp as a quest reward wasn't level based in ED i thought it would have stayed the same in FOV

You're right - Quest rewards should still be well-rounded numbers (including the optional bonus), I'm thinking about the monster kill XP.

addict
addict
On the XBOX the wisdom bonus is listed aside from the XP gained. I'm wondering if the PC list them together.

Or is the q at hand referring to the awards menu? As opposed the logbook.

Last edited by SENIOR CINCO; 10/05/11 02:43 PM.

UNKNOWN: Friends help you move...True friends, help you move bodies...
E.A.P.: Blood was it's Avatar and it's seal.
E.A.P.: Stupidity is a talent for misconceptions.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Hmm - Just tried turning an FoV quest - 4873XP with 28% wisdom bonus (14/15), or 3807 without the bonus.

Seems like I was wrong, quest rewards aren't rounded numbers either - although I agree, I remember tham being well rounded earlier in the game - that was before patch 1 though, which did some rebalancing. It could also just be an FoV feature...

And you're right - on the PC, the awards menu doesn't list wisdom separately, but the logbook does.

veteran
veteran
ED gives rounded, FoV does this.

And yes, Wisdom isn't listed. Although you'll get the proper amount, and it will be shown afterwards floating like all XP info (as it always does. Although if you have 2 gold and 2 XP awards it can't show all, 3 line limit).

A
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
A
im thinking they put in a level multiplier in fov to keep people from saving up all thier quest turn ins till the end of the game

keeping their lvl low to get more exp from mobs then turning in all quests at a set point to gain an extra 3 or so lvls at endgame

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard