Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#448972 24/08/11 08:46 PM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I was wondering what everyones favorite quotes were for me it's the one's that make me laugh.

This one makes me laugh every time I here it, so the one's that have'nt done this quest yet don't have it spoiled for them this is all I'll say. Everyone who's done this quest will know why I find it funny.

Horror of High Hall

"Oh Bugger"

LOL so anyone else care to share their favourite quotes.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Alrik's book was the best piece of RPG literature I've read so far.

Yukie!

apprentice
apprentice

I like the following dialog at a Broken Valley encounter:

(Player selects) "Oh, this isn't the bed and breakfast I booked?"
Response - "No, but we do server eternal rest here".

Specialization is for insects! - Robert A. Heinlein
S
S
when fighting Asmudias- "What was I gonna say? Oh, yea- MAXOS!"

in FoV a dying archer in the healer's house, when you complete his quest: "While you're in the DreamHalls, if you meet someone named Asmudias, tell him Maxos says hi." or something to that effect.

old hand
old hand
The best one was when you go to that house in FoV where the tranny/transvestite is in to kill him/her/it. You have two choices of getting in. One is through the sewer and the other is through the front door in which you can say to doormen,

"Do you wish to discuss about The Divine? I've brought pamphlet." in which the doormen replies about your craziness or fanaticism or something. You can then reply saying "You dare insult The Divine? Draw sir draw!"

I found the whole conversation awesome. It's obvious Divine Witnesses exist in the divinity universe and that doorman is going to be royally f*cked now that The Divine is back...

*Knock knock.*
*Doorman opens door*

Doorman: "Who the **** are you? Ah...wearing that seeker armor are you? Get lost you crazy."

Divine: ...

*Doorman notices it is The Divine he is speaking too due to his glowing eyes and magical aura that surrounds him.*

Doorman: o_O "My lord! PLEASE FORGIVE ME! I was joking. No harm in having a joke hey?"

Divine smile

Doorman laugh

*Doorman gets punched into outer space where he suffocates and then gets sucked into a miniature black hole*

Last edited by Demonic; 27/08/11 12:23 AM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
LOL if that sceen was in Divinity I'd have to make a save at that point to spamm it over & over lol

veteran
veteran
In the Cellar of the Healer's House I, Jurdenson, talk with Kelton ...

Kelton : Oh, thank the gods that finally someone has come to cure me! But ... you don't look like a healer.
Jurdenson : Don't be deceived by appearances: I am fully medically trained.
Kelton : Then please use all your powers to drive out this terrible disease from my body! This is a nightmare that never ends, quite literally so!
It all started a week ago with the dream. In my sleep I dreamt I was being chased by a Demon for what seemed to be hours until it finally got me and started to devour me.
I woke up in a sweat only to realise the flesh on my left leg and arm had gone! Terrified, I stumbled here, but no one could help me. I dream the same dream every night and soon the Demon will eat whatever is left of me! The healers think that I might be contagious, so they locked me up.
But I'll die if no one helps me. I haven't slept for two days. I can't hold out much longer.

Jurdenson : Sounds like a severe case of possession to me. I'll do what I can to help you.
Kelton : Divine praise your name! I was hoping some cough medicine might do the trick. But your aid will prove to be just as invaluable, I'm sure."
Jurdenson : Are you an adventuer, perhaps? Did you stumble upon an ancient, cursed temple maybe?
Kelton : No, I only ever leave Aleroth to fish for trout and I've never caught me an ancient evil!
Jurdenson : Do you have any enemies? Someone who might have gone to great lengths of curse you?
Kelton : Not at all! I told Gina her clams stink, but she knows as much about Demons as I know about ... well ... Demons, actually.
Jurdenson : Did you meet any suspicious individuals lately?
Kelton : Suspicious? No. But I did meet a celebrated man at my favoutite tavern, the Poenix Inn. Asked him for an autograph, I did, but I guess he didn't want to be bothered. That look he gave me! Demonic, really. Never thought a holy man would be capable of it. He has a room up on the first floor of the Inn - where no one dares to go because of some ghost. Not that Halliwell would ever be scared of such a thing. I don't think Ricky the barkeep likes him either, but you know what they say: business is business!
Jurdenson : Let me go find you a cure.
Kelton : Do so, kind knight, quickly! I am so very sleepy!
Mindreading Kelton : [Demon] Get out of his head, meatling. This soul is mine to feast on!

hahaha hahaha

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
old hand
old hand
A reference to me: Demonic, really. Never thought a holy man would be capable of it.

V
V
V

All dialogs with Amdusias containing the word "Maxos".

The ring quest in the healer's house dialogue option something like "If you encounter a soul named Amdusias tell him "Maxos". He'll know what it means."

Zagan's "Oh bugger."

Conversation in the healer's house which went something like:
Healer: "Have you written your will yet?"
Patient: "What?! What are you talking about?"

veteran
veteran
All the Bellegar's ones.

old hand
old hand
Oh bugger? How can that be anyone's favorite quote? It's quite simple right? Oh bugger!

Originally Posted by Demonic
Oh bugger? How can that be anyone's favorite quote? It's quite simple right? Oh bugger!

Like Divine Avenger said anyone who has done the quest will know why it's funny.

For me it's the whole dialogue from Zagan's first line to Talana's comment at the end, which is perfectly summarized by the simple line "Oh bugger" (actually, the whole exchange revolves around that)

Wait, are you telling Divine Avenger and me what should or should not be our favorite quote? That's a bit weird, I didn't know there were guidelines for favorite quotes. I'll make sure to follow the guidelines on favorite quotes next time. smile

added fav dialogue:
Behrlihn saying something about banning rhyming because of Bellegar.

veteran
veteran
Like J747L said, what are YOUR fav quotes ?

Well, it's for sure that probably MY favorite quotes ARE NOT yours, because we are all different people with different tastes !

That's as simply as one & one is two wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by J747L
Originally Posted by Demonic

Like Divine Avenger said anyone who has done the quest will know why it's funny.

For me it's the whole dialogue from Zagan's first line to Talana's comment at the end, which is perfectly summarized by the simple line "Oh bugger" (actually, the whole exchange revolves around that)

Wait, are you telling Divine Avenger and me what should or should not be our favorite quote? That's a bit weird, I didn't know there were guidelines for favorite quotes. I'll make sure to follow the guidelines on favorite quotes next time. smile

added fav dialogue:
Behrlihn saying something about banning rhyming because of Bellegar.

Yes. There are guidelines and they must be followed. Failure to abide by the rules will result in you being banned from the forums.

smile

No, I was just curious as to why two simple words could be someone's favorite quotes in a game where the dialogue is magnificent. We have Bellegar for God's sake and he's one of the most colorful, entertaining and elaborate characters that I have met in an RPG. ALL of his dialogues have never failed to amuse me. The guy is crazy and I love him for that. Even when he's not actively in the game, his quotes (found in books or quoted by NPC's) still succeed. Whoever created Bellegar was a brilliant mad man.

As for the Oh Bugger quote. I agree that it suited the quest but can it (and what led up to it) even contend against Bellegar? No! Not even the quote (and scenario) I posted could contend. Bellegar is just brilliant and even Zandalor's dialogue from Divine Divinity can't contend.

I bet that Bellegar is rhythmic even when he's asleep.

I think I misspoke though. I can see how the Oh Bugger (and the scenario behind it) quote can be somebody's favorite quote (and it evidently is) but I should have said what I said above to avoid confusion. I think Bellegar's quotes are the best. I was thinking that Divine Avenger was putting the Oh Bugger quote above Bellegar's quotes and I mean...even Joram - and his evil twin Jorom - know that you can't do that. That's blasphemy!

Is there anyone who doesn't like Bellegar and/or his quotes so that we can burn them?

P.S

My apologies to Bellegar. I should have mentioned his quotes as being my BEST quotes in the game in the first post that I made. I believe that his dialogue is well written, only certain dialogue from Dragon Age: Origins (Alistair and Oghren) has ever had the same effect on me but I think that Bellegar remains ahead just because of how INTELLIGENT his quotes are.

It's for this reason that I'm disappointed that so many don't know of Divinity 2. The dialogue contained in it is magnificent and if only many people heard of Bellegar's quotes...I'd imagine seeing his quotes popping up on forums like memes.

P.P.S

My whole post is just a joke. Of course you can like whatever quote you want from DKS better than Bellegar's quotes. My opinion however is that his dialogues are the best lines in the game and he remains one of my favorite characters from an RPG (as I'm sure that many of you will agree).

Last edited by Demonic; 03/11/11 06:37 PM.
veteran
veteran
The fact that I, Joram or Jorom wink , make rhythmic poetry here on the forum board say enough how magnificent I find Bellegar, but he's a mad man, sometimes I hate him, but I love him ...
... for his funny poetry biggrin

yeah, Bellegar stands out indeed and to the character's credit, in my whole play, I found no reason to despise him. I began the Dragon Knight Saga intending to free Behrlihn because of the deal (my character is supposed to be a man of his word) but during my play and with Behrlihn's comments I ironically found it quite easy to chose Bellegar in the end.

Memorable dialogues.
Lanilor Lane, two women discussing Bellegar and one relating how she met him in the forest and was turned into a rabbit(IIRC).

Asylum
Mindread the one of the patients
Behrlihn: "You don't want to go in there. Trust me."

Marketplace.
The woman talking to the alchemist.
"I want your mortar in my pestle."

another:
Gina's story of her parents up to the part of the swordfish.

A
stranger
stranger
A
these girls outside the mill at the start made me laugh!

Peggy is one of the two gossip girls located outside of the Rivertown Mill on the hill by the clothesline. You can mind read her for 33 exp.

She believes that

Upton caught Lieutenant Louis in the woods with no pants on,
The doctor in the inn can take out screws in his head and lift his skull,
Richard claims Folo is intimate with his pigs.

stranger
stranger
In my opinion my fav quote is this

when you fight Ba'al in Hall of Echoes:

Ba'al:- Here we are in the Hall of Echoes, a world fit for ghosts alone, and still you bring me meat to cleave!
Me:- If I'm not mistaken it was I who cleaved yours, not the other way round.

/\ that made me lul /\

OH! and there's this one:

The Dragon bust in FoV :- Indeed? Do Proceed!(another Bellegar :S)
The accent is just too funny >.<

Last edited by KnightofMalta; 08/11/11 06:06 PM.

\+/Don't even think about it...\+/
old hand
old hand
@Andy H

The fact that you find Folo with a pig in a brothel speaks for itself.

stranger
stranger
@Demonic

ah well, everyone has his own tastes...

\+/Don't even think about it...\+/

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard