Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Well to get to the point i am having problems with things vanishing from my inventory while playing the game. For example when i go to sell things from my inventory all is well and good till i sell anything on the tab with the books and gems and body parts, as soon as i sell anything on there my body parts vanish and i dont see them again but i am still able to interact with my necromancer just fine as if they were there. Also when i push up to go to the very bottom of my list cuz going through 170 items gets time consuming it always wants to set me in the middle instead of the bottom. So if anyone has any answers to thees or are having similar problems pleas answer or let me know i aint going mad!

Support
Support

When you talk to an alchemist or enchanter and go into their relevant function, any formula in your inventory that they do not already have will be removed and added to their list (which will be available to other alchemists and enchanters, as well). For some reason in DKS the same thing happens with creature parts trading with any merchant.

I kept a list of the highest level formula and creature parts I found, so I could sell any lesser items before talking to the relevant person (and keep an eye out for ones I needed). With this change in DKS (didn't happen in the original release of D2:ED) it meant a few extra lower level parts got sent to my necromancer when I was trying to sell multiple parts, etc, but with the way the creature building interface is set up that didn't really clutter up the list.

The scroll way past where you are trying to go is annoying, especially since what I wanted to get to (playing the Xbox version) was often near the bottom (newly found books, etc). Once you get the battle tower, though, and can send excess equipment, plants, gems and minerals to the battle tower chest, this becomes much less of a problem. With the alchemy runner able to get any plants you need to make more potions, you can also sell any lower level potions you have to clean up that section of the inventory, and just use the strongest version of each type.

Another selection problem I encountered is that sometimes after using an item in the inventory that empties a slot, the new item highlighted is not necessarily what the game thinks is selected (if it is highlighted but with no arrow marker). Usually in that case I would move up or down to confirm what was selected, but late in the game once accidentally used a quest related potion trying to read the second of three skill books in my inventory (fortunately I had a save immediately before that).

Welcome to the forum. wave

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks for the welcome i rely appreciate it. I Plan to be around for a long time on this forum so please keep the expansions coming so i can keep having things to talk about and questions to ask as well as lots of fun playing the amazing game that is divinity 2. I also appreciate that you took out the time to answer my questions and also give me some insight on problems you have run into similar to mine. Thanks for everything!

What we do in life echos in eternity!
Support
Support

FoV was described as being the conclusion of the dragon knight's story, so I don't think we will be seeing any more expansions. However, Larian is currently working on Divinity 3 (not many details released yet, other than it having a top down camera view and allowing you to finally defeat Damian) and Dragon Commander (strategy with a lot of RPG elements, and dragon combat expanded on from D2:ED/DKS).

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Sounds good but i am not looking forward to the top down camera view. That dosent sound much fun but i might be thinking of it in a different aspect then what it rely means.

What we do in life echos in eternity!
Support
Support

Have you not played any RPG games with a top down view? Divine Divinity, Beyond Divinity, or the straight action RPGs Diablo 1&2, Torchlight, etc?

I don't know if Divinity 3 will have an isometric view like those games, but it will be something similar; 'top down' could still allow an adjustable camera direction and/or distance (or even angle, to a limited degree), but no details have been mentioned (and may not have been finalized yet).

M
stranger
stranger
M
On the 360 version, wait for the disk access icon to disappear before pressing up to see items at the bottom of the inventory list. If you press up while the icon is on, it hasn't loaded the complete list and you end up part way through the list.

Installing to HD/memory stick speeds this up a little over playing from DVD.

old hand
old hand
Welcometo the forums wink

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard