Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#475492 02/12/13 03:56 AM
bGRoman Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice

Personally I've been thinking of making a small island at sea with a small pirate town in the middle of it (think of AC4 Nassua) with a few quests in it which all result in the player getting clues to a buried treasure featuring a weapon with some sort of unique cool effect on it that isn't overpowered... maybe some sort of ring that transforms you into a cat and increases stealth capabilities as an example laugh

This is an idea of course but I am looking forward to getting my hands on the alpha to see what I can do with the editor and of course what others make! With that being said I am not exactly apt in terms of coding so I don't know if my realization of the island will come true but I'll give it a try. No promises though! But what I wanna know is; what are you guys hoping to see or do with the editor?

bGRoman #475498 02/12/13 12:31 PM
addict
addict
hahahaha seems a bit cliché but really funny, good luck with your project, let us know when you will release it wink

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
bGRoman Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Yup not the most original idea but I think I'll have fun with it, now it's just a matter of time until we get alpha access so I can start working on this thing but in the meanwhile I've been writing some dialogue and quests during class when I had nothing better to do, and I am actually on lunch break right now laugh

bGRoman #475534 03/12/13 06:36 AM
addict
addict
hahahaha I if I was not in a big sh** with my thesis I would do the same ^^
I must definitely work on the stuff I planned to creat this summer but that is a shitload of work before I can start coding with the toolset

-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

bGRoman #475537 03/12/13 07:16 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Pirate island sounds awesome grin

I'm hoping to see lots of adventures/content that add to the game (ie not standalone), though it would be amazing if people would do some full remakes of classic games as well. Then again, some standalone modules could be epic for playthroughs in co-op. Stuff that fixes gripes/tailors the game to personal preferences is always a boon of modding too!

I've never created any mods myself though I'm very keen to learn for Original Sin. I even have a little project in mind but it depends on how much I like D:OS and if I have the time to pursue it. And how much of an aptitude I have for it of course. I'll definitely give the editor a tinker and I'm not easily put off by technical challenges, though as a total modding noob I'm unsure of what my capabilities will be. Hopefully the game and editor will be so good that they inspire a vibrant modding community that will encourage and support people like me to keep at it. Who knows what I'll be able to produce in time?

I want to keep my idea close to my chest for now, though I have done a bit of design on paper for it already. I really need to play the game first to be sure the stuff I'd like to do is consistent within the gameworld and that I'll eventually be able to achieve it. It's probably best to start small anyway but you gotta have dreams! Yet I see no reason why I can't make my thing so long as I can find the time. I will say I would like to try my hand at writing to create an intriguing story/mini-plot with multiple ways to approach and complete it. My dream is called 'Oil & Blood' ;-)

"Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that" - Leunig
Robcat #475539 03/12/13 07:52 AM
addict
addict
@ Robcat, someone post a topic about recreating the old Divinity games but I did not find it

-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

enthusiast
enthusiast
That and the fact that some guy working at Larian actually already modeled Aleroth from DD (no scripting or appropiate character models though.

"Insert youtube link directing you (yes, you) to that one video I'm totally not looking up right now"

I can't wait for that, and many other projects, really!

Look it stands to reason...You can't eat 'cos you don't have a stomach!
Support
Support

The first video showing the recreated Aleroth was in the Kickstarter update #28 (Youtube). A couple minutes was also shown near the end of the live Twitch.tv kickstarter countdown (about 3h 53m into the 4h 16m video).

Raze #475565 03/12/13 07:54 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
@Chaotica That would be sweet indeed. Divine Divinity with turn-based combat? Yes, please. It's probably the only way I would ever play the game again. I loved it to bits, such a rich world, but the combat while enjoyable for awhile eventually became a burden to me, especially towards the end when that was all you could do it ended up pretty broken. A remake that reproduced all the awesome things about DD and created tactical combat with crafted battles rather than endless trash mobs would be the bees knees. Not to mention the possibilities for adding a party of companions with the awesome dialogue system, and a bunch of new stuff for flavour and surprise. BIG project but cripes...

As release draws ever nearer I'm starting to get pretty excited about the game and potential of the editor. It all seems too good to be true. I really, really hope that a substantial modding community develops. I mean, opportunities like this don't come along very often. When was the last time such an RPG was made?

I for one want to be a part of its modding community. It feels like the perfect chance for me to give it a go. It's exciting to think of being there as it's born and a forum is created. I'm excited by the challenge and as a newbie, the novelty of it. The editor seems great to me from what I can tell. Powerful yet easy to use if you're prepared to put a little effort into becoming familiar with it. I think I'd rather have that than one that's super user-friendly but limited by this. Anyway I'm starting to ramble, these are just my impressions, time will tell...

"Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that" - Leunig
bGRoman #475567 03/12/13 10:13 PM
apprentice
apprentice
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - R.P.G.

addict
addict
stalker is not the same kind on RPG and the player action does not have a really big impact on the game, even Mass Effect (which I really really love) seems to be rather poor in term of implications and choice comparing to D:OS

-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

addict
addict
I couldn't name one game that keeps track of how your character's attitude towards... everything shifts on several scales as they interact with the world as they're doing it with D:OS.

So I'd say that's only a natural observation :p

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
enthusiast
enthusiast
When D:OS editor will belong me I`ll try to make ...........................Half-life 3 (whispering- with isometric view) devil

UHahahah! evil

Last edited by James 540; 04/12/13 11:32 AM.

Experience is a hard master but a good teacher-Proverb of RPG player (c)
addict
addict
in my reminders, half-life was kinna FPS, it might be fun to see how you will adapt it to 3rd person tactical turn based hahahaha

-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah turn-based Shooter --ohh what the madness!!! horsey
And do you know what happens inside my head?

Last edited by James 540; 04/12/13 11:37 AM.

Experience is a hard master but a good teacher-Proverb of RPG player (c)
addict
addict
a symposium with trolls, elves, space marins, zergs, tchernobyl zombies, Tyraël and a fuckin' poney discussing about how could they smash each others? :p

-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

bGRoman Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Chaotica
stalker is not the same kind on RPG and the player action does not have a really big impact on the game, even Mass Effect (which I really really love) seems to be rather poor in term of implications and choice comparing to D:OS

Here's the thing with modding though, we don't have to make it have a big impact if we don't want to so I can see a Stalker mod being plausible, but would need tons of work on importing pretty much just about everything needed (cars, guns, armour, trees, terrain) but it's still possible unless you want real time combat.

bGRoman #475587 04/12/13 04:46 PM
old hand
old hand
The pen is mightier than the gun; you should use pens in your stalker mod.

meme #475588 04/12/13 05:22 PM
addict
addict
I'd actually suggest the pensword.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
old hand
old hand
Jason's ?

Originally Posted by EinTroll
I'd actually suggest the pensword.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard