Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#476179 17/12/13 09:03 PM
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
small bug found, when getting to homestead and returning to Cyseal, my entire map is black again, so lost all what I had explored...

playing windowed mode and going outside of window with mouse keeps mouse going further and further to end of map

Last edited by Chrescerya; 17/12/13 09:04 PM.
Chrescerya #476186 17/12/13 09:08 PM
veteran
veteran

Last edited by Kein; 17/12/13 09:08 PM.
Chrescerya #476190 17/12/13 09:12 PM
apprentice
apprentice
Also a couple of reports from me:

Bugs:
-Map gets wiped after a save and load
-There's a terrain glitch on one of the ships in the harbour, in which when you walk it on you can end up standing on the ship's mast instead of going around it like other tall objects.
-If you talk with one of the bulls in Cysael with the weapon drawn they will react to you like other NPCs and tell you to sheathe it even if you don't have the animal-talking perk on either character.
-Teleporting an NPC outside of combat does not aggravate them, allowing you to easily kill somebody without any way of them fighting back. (Other NPCs do not react to it either)
-You can teleport your own character through walls allowing you to access areas without lockpicking... this is actually kind of awesome and I hope it stays.
-If you use the teleport spell on the orc warrior at the beach he won't go back to where he was and like other NPCs won't react to it any in other way as-well.
-It's possible to teleport NPCs into terrain with the teleport spell.
-Walking around with weapons out and talking to NPCs seems to add un-intended dialogue options, which are usable without even having to sheathe your weapons beforehand.
-If you start grave-robbing at the beach with the un-aggressive orc warrior he will be aggroed even if you're out sight with the grave you rob from. <- The same orc also told me "Watch out where you point that thing." in the middle of combat.
-If you initiate combat from stealth, the enemy AI will make no move to look around for the attacker at all. Attacking again will still not make them look around. -> The NPCs do look towards the area they've been shot/hit from but if they are out of detection range they will still make no move to find the attacker. -> It seems like the enemies only turn if the spell/attack used is direct and has no AOE of any kind.

Suggestions:
-Allow us to use the teleport spell to drop enemies on other enemies damaging both, or even better: Drop allies on enemies, still damaging both of course, where would the fun be without that? laugh

NOTE: I have moved my report list to a different thread, and will update it from there.

Originally Posted by Kein

That's only for game-breaking stuff I believe.

Last edited by bGRoman; 17/12/13 10:56 PM.
Kein #476191 17/12/13 09:13 PM
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Originally Posted by Kein

that thread is about technical issues (related to starting game etc) not bug related wink

these are things that don't make the game crash

other bug found, killing Cecilia in her bathtub makes her reappear dressed few min later (time I was looting rest of living quarters)

Chrescerya #476194 17/12/13 09:19 PM
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
talking in sneak to some1 doesn't remove sneak mode...
I'm still in my bush

can't equip 2nd ring (right ring not working)
when trying to drag 2nd ring it changes the first one

when looking at gear, the current equipped is not from person who's backpack you are looking at but active character

removing shield and training sword in Arhu's house also removed hatch to go to cellar

Last edited by Chrescerya; 17/12/13 09:36 PM.
bGRoman #476205 17/12/13 09:42 PM
veteran
veteran
Larian is aware of the map being wiped after the homestead and loading.

Originally Posted by bGRoman
-You can teleport your own character through walls allowing you to access areas without lockpicking... this is actually kind of awesome and I hope it stays.

Well, I think being able to teleport allied characters character is good, but I think it should only be to places you have line of sight to, too much chance of things getting broken.

Stabbey #476209 17/12/13 09:52 PM
apprentice
apprentice
Yes I think I should of elaborated on that, but I think the whole teleport through line of sight thing should stay because it can probably put you into awkward situations if you're unprepared.

bGRoman #476212 17/12/13 09:56 PM
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
moving a basket in front of Arhu creates fight and let's face it whipe after 1 shot (once I'm higher level I'm so gone kill him for this smile

Chrescerya #476238 17/12/13 11:21 PM
Using teleport skill on townsfolk and dropping them in the water, in fire or just on their heads did not seem to upset them in any way.

After spam consuming shells in my inventory about 10 times I could not consume shells or read journals. However, I could still double click and use potions, fish and pumpkins.

Consuming shells in my inventory would raise a resistance, but would go back to 0 after 1 second. (in real time, did not try combat mode yet) only reporting as I am unsure if that is normal and or what the timers in real time are supposed to be.

I pledged and all I got was this lousy awesome game!
Von_Rotten #476253 18/12/13 12:22 AM
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Originally Posted by Von_Rotten
Using teleport skill on townsfolk and dropping them in the water, in fire or just on their heads did not seem to upset them in any way.

After spam consuming shells in my inventory about 10 times I could not consume shells or read journals. However, I could still double click and use potions, fish and pumpkins.

Consuming shells in my inventory would raise a resistance, but would go back to 0 after 1 second. (in real time, did not try combat mode yet) only reporting as I am unsure if that is normal and or what the timers in real time are supposed to be.

think timers in real time are very fast, when freezing a door, barely got time to fireball it or it's already unfrozen...

Chrescerya #476260 18/12/13 12:32 AM
M
stranger
stranger
M
http://i.imgur.com/72CzQFK.jpg

After fighting that battle, I accidentally killed the male character with the cold AoE spell (even though he did not glow red on the "aoe range" thing.

So I reloaded a quick-save for like 10 seconds before that fight, and every time I ran to that spot and the battle started, the game would basically stop moving. Not freeze, just no action would work.

Over one of the NPCs (human on the right), a message would spam very fast saying "force end turn"

Chrescerya #476261 18/12/13 12:38 AM
old hand
old hand
I'm not sure about the timers; or mabye there is a bug somewhere. I saw that when I used fire to kill soemthing and saved my game and came back later after going to another area it was still burning (had fire damage when i walked through it). There wasn't anything obvius that should have kept burning (unless rock burns forever smile )

Originally Posted by Chrescerya

think timers in real time are very fast, when freezing a door, barely got time to fireball it or it's already unfrozen...

Last edited by meme; 18/12/13 12:38 AM.
meme #476263 18/12/13 12:58 AM
G
stranger
stranger
G
When I first played the game I wasn´t able to perform any actions in a fight.
I quit to the main menu and started a new game - when I reached the crabs I had the same issue and wasn´t able to perform any actions.

However - after exiting and restarting the game the combat mechanics worked.

golani79 #476267 18/12/13 01:12 AM
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
I tried to send my game files after a crash and it kept getting cancelled

Also I could take down the entire market place with single mage and became filthy rich (bought like 10+ skillbooks and still had about 3k gold left) most of skillbooks just got from floor or last vendor that never joined battle and some from Arhu...

I think killing the market place with mage is best way to start game, just get as much spells and skills as you can get to spam around with it later laugh

Macon1234 #476269 18/12/13 01:16 AM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Macon1234
http://i.imgur.com/72CzQFK.jpg

After fighting that battle, I accidentally killed the male character with the cold AoE spell (even though he did not glow red on the "aoe range" thing.

So I reloaded a quick-save for like 10 seconds before that fight, and every time I ran to that spot and the battle started, the game would basically stop moving. Not freeze, just no action would work.

Over one of the NPCs (human on the right), a message would spam very fast saying "force end turn"

Same issue Swen and David encountered during alpha test.

Von_Rotten #476271 18/12/13 01:37 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast

Could be intentional. The townsfolk doesn't know who casted it anyways. Think of imps or goblins doing pranks.

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"
Chrescerya #476272 18/12/13 01:38 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Chrescerya
I tried to send my game files after a crash and it kept getting cancelled

Also I could take down the entire market place with single mage and became filthy rich (bought like 10+ skillbooks and still had about 3k gold left) most of skillbooks just got from floor or last vendor that never joined battle and some from Arhu...

I think killing the market place with mage is best way to start game, just get as much spells and skills as you can get to spam around with it later laugh

Too evil laugh

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"
golani79 #476278 18/12/13 02:00 AM
R
stranger
stranger
R
I found a couple of things.

I found a Flare Level 2 scroll in a crate on the docks. When I dragged it over the female character's flare spell in the quick action bar, it overwrote the flare spell with the flare scroll. After casting the flare scroll, the flare spell was also gone.

I found another scroll on the beach. Something about hurling a rock. I added it to the male's quick action bar, but it was still in the inventory. I moved the inventory copy to the female's inventory, but it was still showing on the male's quick action bar. I moved it to the female's quick action bar and it was still in the male's quick action bar, but it wouldn't actually cast. The icon was there, and would change to an orange highlight when the cursor was over it, but it did not pop out the window saying what it was and could not be cast.

Walking through water or casting the rain scroll above me did not stop me from burning. Also, I could not see any flames to know that there was still fire burning in that place. (I cast a fireball at the big and 3 little crabs to create the fire).

Using <ALT> highlights some items that can be picked up (weapons that I have noticed), but did not highlight shells. (Maybe because they are are junk items? If they have a use, they should highlight...)

Map reset fog of war on load.

Other suggestion (seen elsewhere): allow full rotation of main window so we can look all around us.

(Using Win8x64 laptop with dual Nvidia 680Ms)

Other thoughts: Enjoying the alpha!!!

rjwest0004 #476313 18/12/13 05:40 AM
J
stranger
stranger
J
I found one major bug so far. I got to the harbor area and did three major conversation pieces, one with the 3 guys looking for work, one talking to Bill the Clairvoyant bull, and the last dealing with the charmed female orc. Then I decided to try to loot the warehouse, got caught, and promptly murdered.

Resolved to be more careful - and actually save this time - I rolled up a new party and headed out once more. Everything worked fine until I got to the harbor, where everyone seemed to remember me. The 3 ruined merchants asked if I had found them any work the first time I spoke with them, Bill was depressed and didn't want to talk to me, and there is no way to solve the orc quest without killing her because the option to decide what to do doesn't come up, the game having decided I already did that.

So yeah, 3 glitches, one of which prevents finishing a side quest. Other than that, I'm having a ton of fun.

Jonlevir #476342 18/12/13 07:39 AM
O
stranger
stranger
O
Phoenix Dive seems a bit broken, you can easily go out of bounds with it along with Pyramids like before but this allows you to go anywhere. Also you can cancel the cooldown of Phoenix Dive by changing characters before the animation finishes, so Roderick -> PD -> Scarlet -> PD -> Roderick... Damage won't be dealt but you'll be able to move around out of bounds area faster.
So I explored Cyseal a bit and found Baccus, fight was fun and any of the exits leads to the church which is locked.

Last edited by ogam; 18/12/13 11:36 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard