Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by zadkey
Don't get my wrong I appreciate the updates. But honestly I have grown bored of only testing the [Cyseal] area. I have seen in previews for the game that there are many other areas.

I just don't have the motivation to keep playing if its always going to be content again and again.

I have felt this way since my second play through. Have not played in months. Just waiting for release.

apprentice
apprentice
The new skill system is awesome. Now, I don't have an overpowered mage with 15 different skills at lvl 3.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by oXis
The new skill system is awesome. Now, I don't have an overpowered mage with 15 different skills at lvl 3.

you can still have an OP mage at lv3 with 15 skills.

7 intelegence 1 point in air, water, fire, earth, witchcraft, get level 3 buy 3 fire, 3 air, 3 water, 3 earth, 3 witchcraft. GG still OP mage.

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=495313&gonew=1#UNREAD

M
addict
addict
M
Yeah, under the new system, just putting one point in a skill ability is pretty much all you need - that alone will eventually allow you to get any 3 of the most powerful skills in that category, which is probably enough. An easy way to fix this is to require higher skill ability levels for the more powerful skills, kind of like the previous beta versions did (i.e. having "Level 1" through "Level 5" skills) - see the thread linked by SGnri above.

old hand
old hand
Can you really get the most powerful skills in each elemental category if they are restricted by attribute and level requirements?

Can you really create a mage that has all elemental three most powerful spells available?

And if so isnt that what specializing in a mage should get you? Eventually?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Thank you so much for adding that Gamma setting on a sunny day especially wink And secondary Kudos for putting AI personalities as "Coming soon" as if you guys knew I would be asking about it here otherwise wink

Love this update, everything seems to much more polished! Game is really growing into a precious gem

W
stranger
stranger
W
Were you guys really expecting to play the whole game before release? I know that more content makes you want to play more, but to be honest, that's not how betas usually work. In at least 50% of the betas that I've taken part in, they keep the content limited to a small part of the larger game. Early access has gotten out of hand, with people thinking that it means that they get the game, just earlier than if they would have just waited til release. It's not about that. It's about producing a better game. The same thing happens in MMO betas. People complain that they want more content or to be able to go above the level cap, etc, because they pre-ordered to get beta. It's not about that. It's about testing the bugs and making sure that the final game is we expect from a full release. That's why I typically play through short betas once or twice, and then just wait for release. Just relax. The game isn't that far off. It will be worth the wait. I can't wait.

veteran
veteran
Just want to let Larian know that I think the animated health bars are great. It looks nice and is also very useful feedback which lets you know how hard the enemies are hitting you, and how hard you are hitting them.

I also love the new Resurrection animation. Very, very pretty. Thanks as well for enabling Teleport to be used on dead party members, that's helpful.

Last edited by Stabbey; 21/05/14 06:46 PM. Reason: dead guys
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard