Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello!

I'm a new player and picked up the game recently in preparation for the release on the 20th, which I'm really looking forward to.

I've been reading the forums and seen what people are saying, and I hope some of the issues people are raising about damage calculations etc are ironed out by the time the game is released, however it seems perfectly playable from the hour I spent with it to see how the game is.

I did want to ask about the current movement system, in particular moving around by holding in the mouse button and your character following it. At the minute it seems that the character moves slower when the pointer is closer to them, and faster when you move it away.

Although this is fair enough, and something I'd get used to I'm sure, I wondered if anyone knew if they were looking to change this so the character moved at a constant pace?

I haven't seen anything about it or anyone else even mention this, so I could be alone in wondering hehe... but... I thought I'd ask.

16 days to go smile

Last edited by Riaktion; 05/06/14 05:47 AM. Reason: typo correction
Support
Support

An 'always run' toggle has been requested before. Hopefully it is classified as polish, so just hasn't been implemented yet. If not, there will probably be mods for that.

The "further = faster" model is another thing that I remember from Ultima 7, although that style of movement control worked much better when the perspective was essentially overhead.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze

An 'always run' toggle has been requested before. Hopefully it is classified as polish, so just hasn't been implemented yet. If not, there will probably be mods for that.

ah really? That's good to know. Hopefully it will be added in one way or another as you say smile

Thanks for your reply!

Link Copied to Clipboard