Print Thread
#500614 22/06/14 12:58 PM
A
Alynora Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Ok, am I being silly, or am I just not seeing what happens to items "sent to homestead"? Is there some secret special location for them once they disappear from the inventory and go to the homestead? Or is this bugged? Anyone know what happens to them?

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Don't want to give away spoilers, but you should have access to the the chest those items are sent to soon if you don't yet. Similar to how you accessed the homestead in the first place

A
Alynora Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Thanks Booster! I was starting to think everything disappeared since every vase, chest etc I had checked seemed empty.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Sure - not sure where you are in the game yet, but don't send anything super important until you have access as you can't get it back yet.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Boooster
Sure - not sure where you are in the game yet, but don't send anything super important until you have access as you can't get it back yet.

That should be fixed though. The "Send to Homestead" option doesn't unlock until you can reach the homestead, but it should actually only unlock once the Living Quarters are available.

A
Alynora Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Then I have a bug. I actually had the "Send to Homestead" option before I could reach the homestead. And I'm only at having the Hall of Heroes opened (although I've already completed other play-throughs). I didn't want to get too far before the release, nor did I want to go further than what Garod (aka my weresheep hubby) & I have already played together. I've only sent paintings back so far, since I'm a horrible art thief in game wink Now, to find a suitable place to start my 'art gallery'... after I can find the paintings that is...

Support
Support

Homestead = End of Time

The next (3rd) star stone you find will let you access the living quarters with the chest containing everything sent to the homestead.

J
stranger
stranger
J
I had the same problem, since I've not yet found the third star stone. Luckily I sent back just a pumpkin and a couple of skills books, nothing precious. Agree it's a bug.

B
B
I think it's really wrong to let players "Send to Homestead" without the ability to get items back. That option should only be available once you unlock that room, in which point a tutorial saying "You can now store items in your room by blah blah blah".

Support
Support

Yes, that's why it is a bug.

B
B
Is it written as a bug anywhere? I thought this is where we raise issues as bugs and agree/disagree about them. Reading your previous comment seems like you're just explaining this is how it works.

Support
Support

I was explaining how it works, but that doesn't mean it is working as intended. I really can not see enabling that option earlier than you can retrieve items, on purpose, without any warning.

A
Alynora Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
That's a bit why I posted the question. I didn't see it listed elsewhere as a bug (not that I searched too hard, it just didn't show up in the search engine), but I didn't think that sending something back and then not finding it as being "OK, it's just part of the story".

It would indeed be pretty bad if someone sent back something important and didn't know they wouldn't get it back until much later. I'd think it could botch some of the early quests like that. And it is a bit annoying to have the option, yet not be able to use it. So yup, consider this a bug report then, I've had the "send to homestead" option pretty much since I received the Homestead. smile

addict
addict
I didn't have the option until I went to that ... place once. But I've only found two of those stones and yet I have the option to send things there.

Honestly I never went back there once I was force to go the first time. The whole place kind of freaked me out. Is it a place I'm supposed to want to go to? I hadn't figured out it's purpose.

Link Copied to Clipboard