Next Thread
Print Thread
G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Hi,
Just wondering if Steam cloud sync's your profile across two macs? I've been playing on my Mac Pro and would be good to be able to pick up where I last saved on my Macbook Pro.

Thanks,
Rob

Elverils/Larian Studios
Elverils/Larian Studios
Steam sync for _now_ has been disabled. It will be back soon. I don't have any fixed date on cross-platform saves although i.e. save on Windows, continue on Mac;

addict
addict
My profile used to sync with the steam, not anymore though.

The world chat has been disabled as well.

G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
I'd be happy just with save on Mac, play on different Mac for the time being. That way I can use my Macbook Pro to play DOS when I'm not on my main mac smile

Fingers crossed its enabled again soon.

veteran
veteran
Cloud sync had to be disabled because the savegames were to big for Steam's requirements. Larian try to compress them more and make them smaller.

WOOS
G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Does anyone know if this has been re-enabled again? If so do you need to create a new profile on the other machine or should it sync it all automatically?

Support
Support

No, it hasn't.

G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Any news on when?
Thanks,
Rob

addict
addict
I'm not sure if they'll ever re-enable it, since even after they reduced the size, each save is around 30MB. The Steam Cloud service, as I understand it (never use it myself), only allows 100MB per game. So it would only take 3-4 saves before it was maxed out. Unless they can significantly reduce the size of the saves, it's probably not coming back.

The only way I could see it being viable, is if the saves were compressed after creation. With WinRAR I was able to get a 31.6MB save to just over 3MB. The downside to this is even slower loading, as each save would have to be unpacked before it can be loaded. Unless they were only compressed while in the cloud, but I'm not sure how that would work, since I'm not a programmer.

Support
Support

There is an update coming probably this week which will add improvements to the co-op dialogue system, at least.

A larger patch is expected next month, maybe, which adds a couple additional henchmen. I have no idea what the actual plan is, but that would seem like a good time to update the save format, if technically possible to do so. AFAIK there was only a rough timeframe given for this update, in an interview awhile ago.

G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Please Larian can you get this sorted. It makes life so much easier to play on various devices. I'd be happy with access to my last 2 saved games. No need to sync all...
Thanks,
Rob

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
I had no problem copying over my saved games from one computer to another with a USB stick.

Link Copied to Clipboard