Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
I have been increasingly finding that unless I'm battling enemies on level unblemished ground (a freshly mown bowling green for example) with perfectly clear air 99 times out of 100 the game deems that I cannot see that which I want to teleport even when every other spell I could use can target the same enemy with no problems under the exact same circumstances. Are different spells using different points in 3d space as a starting point for targeting?
Some spells seem to target from the players feet and strike a prone enemy barely ankle high rather than the huge hulking mass standing further away that I was aiming at.
On one occasion an arrow fired hit an enemy to the immediate left of my character rather than the one out in front of him.

Getting back to teleport, I have had a situation where an enemy standing in a burning patch with a little smoke, no more than two metres from me, was unselectable for teleport because I "cannot see it" whereas a same school damage spell has no problem locking on to the same target.

Being able to drop an enemy into a burning area would be nice too, but thanks to the smoke 99% of such areas are unselectable due to lack of sight even though they were obviously devoid of anything prior to the fire starting.

F
stranger
stranger
F
You will not be able to target him with spells or abilities that require a target because of the smoke. However you can hit him with projectile spells/abilities if you shoot them in his direction.

I think only Oil and Water will create smoke if you cast fire on them, maybe also if it rains? (not sure about this one)

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
So try to avoid situations which generate smoke/steam/gas?

Oil ground + fire = smoke
Fire ground + water = steam
Poison ground + fire = gas

Y
journeyman
journeyman
Y
"tornado"
learn it, use it, love it.
Takes care off all the nasty bits on the battlefield. That includes smoke and steam.

Sometimes you will need to reapply a surface you actually wanted there but its way worth it none the less.

N
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Originally Posted by freche
You will not be able to target him with spells or abilities that require a target because of the smoke. However you can hit him with projectile spells/abilities if you shoot them in his direction.

I am well aware of the fact that you can aim past a hidden/invisible enemy and have the projectile hit them on the way through, but I am referring to instances where such a spell allows me to target them, I have alternated between multiple spells (without actually casting them, just selecting each in turn and trying to target the enemy to see what the game tells me) and the teleport spell was the only one saying that the enemy was hidden and couldn't be targeted.

Link Copied to Clipboard