Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
I feel as if I am missing something about hit chance in this game. Never have I seen so many hits miss in a game with accuracy in the 75-95% range even with flanking bonuses. I regularly have some rounds where none of my characters hit even with a high supposed hit chance.

Fist I notice I can hit about 2m away with my two handed weapon, but would walking even closer help secure a hit? Is there a bonus for hitting behind someone other than flanking? I know knockdown secures 100% hit chance which is nice.

I need clarification for this:

Spells can fail to be cast and fail to beat an opponents roll it looks like. Once a spell has 100% cast chance it only has to worry about a resist roll.

Man at arms skill can miss and have to worry about a resist roll.

Who benefits from flanking? The entire party or just whoever engaged the flanking? Sometimes I get the bonus even when my characters are all facing an enemy is this just a bug? Maybe I should use more ap to get on the sides. Flanking only boosts hit chance correct?

What are attacks of opportunity in this game? It looks like they trigger when you move past someone or try to disengage. Is it chance based?

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
I agree the RNG is more brutal in this game than some others. 70% is like a leap of faith

It looks like flanking affects the target's defence rating which is used to calculate chance to hit. It's hard to compare functional probability but I feel like it increased my accuracy

Attack of opportunity only happens when some is trying to move out of your field of control. If they are walking around you to your back it won't trigger. Being vindictive boosts it's accuracy

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
I believe there is massive chance to hit penalties imposed on characters fighting a monster that is higher level than them.

For instance if you are level 3 trying to fight a level 6 monster you probably will hardly ever hit it.

Attacks of opportunity is a talent you have to grab 1st and allows you to perform one if a monster shows his flank to a character in range wile moving somewhere (I think)

Really wish some people would help out with the wiki frown

http://divinity.gamepedia.com/Divinity_Wiki

Link Copied to Clipboard