Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Alright, so I killed Evelyn and her cronies after a grueling 2 and a half hours of attempts and when all was said and done, I noticed zombie jake dead on the ground. I don't even remember seeing him alive, so he must have died in the first barrage of aoe spells. I can't rez him and can't seem to be able to continue the murder mystery quest.

Am I screwed? I really hope not as there's no way in hell I'm replaying up to and including that fight again. Thanks for reading.

veteran
veteran
Have you attacked Evelyn without a dialogue?

Jake usually should disappear before the fight begins and reappear after it's over...

WOOS
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Yes, I wanted to get the jump on her after dying to her over and over and over, is that what caused it? Is there a way to spawn him via console commands or anything?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Doug4130
Yes, I wanted to get the jump on her after dying to her over and over and over, is that what caused it? Is there a way to spawn him via console commands or anything?

Yes, that's what caused it. If you're not strong enough to win against Evelyn by "normal" means just do something else and come back later. Evelyn should be pretty easy once you've reachen level 6-7.

You can try to resurrect Jake but I'm not sure if it works.

WOOS
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Jake is unable to be rezzed. Damn frown

I had an issue with Jake getting hit by lingering AoE ground effects after my battles.

So I position my party around the corner on the stairs, have one member sneak down the right side to be within range and drop a single target high damage skill on her.

(This party member should NOT be linked)

I then run behind cover, skip everyone's turn and unload on the summons et all once they round the bend. Trivializes the fight really, and no risk of death to Jake. (well second death)

S
stranger
stranger
S
Isn't it possible to use modding tools to resurrect him or something?

A
stranger
stranger
A
I think I screwed my game over too, and I'm way too far into the game to restart.. I killed Zombie Jake accidentally from AoE and at the time I didn't think anything of it. I actually thought it was a scripted event as he rose up & attacked me straight after I killed Evelyn.

Naturally I kept playing many hours later, I'm now level 9 and have just killed Braccus and I still can't complete the Mysterious Murder and Counsillor's Wife quests, due to doing many of the quest events 'out of order'.

Surely Larian can help us out here, give us a console command or fix to respawn Zombie Jake? I was having a blast playing this game up until now frown

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by LordCrash
Originally Posted by Doug4130

Yes, that's what caused it. If you're not strong enough to win against Evelyn by "normal" means just do something else and come back later. Evelyn should be pretty easy once you've reachen level 6-7.

You can try to resurrect Jake but I'm not sure if it works.

I would not say easy but at least doable. I killed her when I was level 5 even with some heavy usage of Ranger Arrows and mage AoE+summons.

Link Copied to Clipboard