Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Crine Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
i read a book with a few basic blacksmithing and cooking recipes in it and thought they would be added to my recipes list but when I checked there was nothing there. Is this a bug? Should the recipes be added when I read them or only if I actually craft them? Seems like I have to keep the book in my inventory for now frown

N
stranger
stranger
N
I've had that happen with about half the books I've read, but I've sold them anyway. In terms of quality and such this version of the game seems to be three steps sideways and five steps back.

C
Crine Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by Nameless One
I've had that happen with about half the books I've read, but I've sold them anyway. In terms of quality and such this version of the game seems to be three steps sideways and five steps back.

So it is a bug then? The recipes from books that I don't actually craft should still be recorded for me?

N
stranger
stranger
N
I would say so, there shouldn't be a single recipe book that doesn't grant a recipe the first time you read it (and there shouldn't be any repeat books among the first eight or so that you acquire). Either it isn't declaring the learning on screen but is granting the recipe or it isn't even granting the recipe, either way it needs to be fixed.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Check the recipe books of all your characters. I think they have separate recipe books, it's extremely annoying and it requires you to pay attention which character uses the book.

No idea if it's a bug or it's designed that way but I officially hate it

C
Crine Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by Anita41a
Check the recipe books of all your characters. I think they have separate recipe books, it's extremely annoying and it requires you to pay attention which character uses the book.

Neither of their recipe lists have the recipes from the books.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Anita41a

I read books for the first time on a particular character only and there are still crafting books that do not transfer to the recipe log. The book you find by the drunk guards at the bridge on the way to Cyseal at the start of the game is one such book.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L

journeyman
journeyman
I don't really think this is a problem though.

A lot of the books don't really contain a recipe , but just a vague description of how to create certain items. If it would unlock all recipes it would be a nightmare!
Think about it this way: You can boost every weapon or piece of armour with a tormented soul, so reading that book would make you unlock 40 recipes.

Last edited by Styno; 02/11/15 11:59 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Styno
I don't really think this is a problem though.

A lot of the books don't really contain a recipe , but just a vague description of how to create certain items. If it would unlock all recipes it would be a nightmare!
Think about it this way: You can boost every weapon or piece of armour with a tormented soul, so reading that book would make you unlock 40 recipes.

Yeah, we're not talking about that, though. This is a book showing how to make pizza, or poison, etc (for example) that isn't translating into a recipe. Very specific things. Other books that do the same seem to get entered into the log. It's like some books are just missing the proper flag to trigger that transfer.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard