Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
I played the game before the AI 2.0 patch, and I could use the purging wand on corpses to get Source Points. I also got them from purging Shriekers.

Post Patch that doesn't work anymore. The only objects with which I can interact with the Purging wands are Shrikers and they don't give source points........

Am I missing something here?

G
addict
addict
G
The skill provided by purging wands has changed, presumably because people could get way too many source points. Source pools were also removed. Right now, the only way to get source points is to absorb them from soul jars.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by grysqrl
The skill provided by purging wands has changed, presumably because people could get way too many source points. Source pools were also removed. Right now, the only way to get source points is to absorb them from soul jars.

so, it means that 4 chars could get only 4-6 points atm?
I could only find 6 (or less, I guess?) soul jars in hidden cavern near Seekers camp
2 of them I have to spend for opening Braccus armory and blue shield :-\
nothing to use left, including useless spells

E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
So wait, I spent 2000 odd gold on a bunch of source skill books I can't even use because I smashed all of the jars?

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
It isn't a bug Eric. If you chose to smash jars to get XP rather than absorb them so you can use a source spell that is up to you. At the moment smashing Withermere and the Joker seems to be the best bet. Give the Witch her one. That is 12k XP.

The other 3 you can do anything with - it doesn't matter. Probably kill the guys and then absorb but they are quite tough (level 7) now.

If you decided to buy something that is also up to you. I bought all the crafting things from Elder the Scoundrel seller (or whatever his name is) in the Sanctuary only to find you can't craft anything with most of them yet. Some were quite expensive.

You can always reload an earlier save if you find a bit that isn't finished or you made a mistake.

How source will work we don't know yet but in old builds it was too easy - you could remove your collar, step in a puddle and overpower anyone before you left the fort. You would not worry as you could get plenty of source points later.

Generally this was a good change but it has made physical damage characters a better bet than magical at the moment.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard