Print Thread
#602137 10/04/17 10:45 PM
F
fellowa Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
The game is currently too easy. I feel like with the addition to Polymorph skills, I can basically run the entire campaign solo with some strategy. So if I played the game with a group of friends... The game would be far to easy since we are basically killing everything in 1-2 turns. If you gave the units more health, as to armor... that would make it somewhat more balanced. Also program your AI bots to attack in an area where an enemy was scene last cloaked. The Chameleon cloak is kinda op atm and the bots are kinda clueless when players end their turn with cloak skill activation.

please take a long look at talents as well. Majority of them are useless and don't serve as an option to choose them. Have your team play the game and choose the less chosen talent and see how they fair.

Last edited by fellowa; 10/04/17 10:46 PM.
old hand
old hand
They're adding a higher difficulty that should work like Tactician mode in the first game where it added new enemies and skills as well as buffing their basic stats. Hard to say if we'll see it in the alpha, but I hope we do.

At this point, Larian should definitely be well aware that invisibility and sneak really screw with the AI.

Indeed lots of talents are sub-par. Hopefully something they deal with as well.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I was playing on Classic and still am and I'm definitely not finding it easy.... I used Summoning but no Polymorphing and I'm about to finish the story. I never found one battle to be easy, really. Maybe because I was using geomancer and necromancer skills which most skeletons are immune to but I also used pyromancer, aerotheurge, hydrosophist, warfare and huntsman skills (2 per character). That's what I feel at the moment.

journeyman
journeyman
The "problem" of difficulty is a difficult one (heh), because to new or casual players, the game is really hard. If you're a veteran or someone that has done lots of extra reading, you can just cheese or min/max the game. The balance will be for the game to be fun, yet challenging, to the average player.

It's likely that Larian will target classic mode at the average player and tactician mode at players who want a real challenge.

F
fellowa Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
alright, I was hoping there would be another option to make it harder, perhaps improve the quality of loot in this mode would make it worth while playing on the hardest difficulty and promote people work together effectively to get through the story.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I like Classic mode difficulty. There are pretty much 'easy' encounters and a few for save-loading tactics sometimes laugh

But I'd like to have more encounters. 99% of the game atm is just in moving over the map :-\

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard