Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 26 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 25 26
stranger
stranger
Mi sono iscritto solo per poter scrivere questo messaggio.
Volevo farvi sapere che con la cancellazione della lingua italiana avete perso un cliente perchè non comprerò il gioco ,spero solo che dietro non ci sia la speranza che il fandom farà la traduzione gratis (come in italia accade spesso),perchè se così fosse sareste dei pezzenti.

nb. poi il fatto che il level cap sia a 10 mi ha fatto cadere le braccia

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by pbrosio
Purtroppo tuco é un troll

"Tuco è un troll", disse il Pilastro Della Community autore di edificanti messaggi come i seguenti:

DATEVE LE PIZZE NFACCIA (ora traducetelo o fatevelo tradurre da qualcuno aggratise)

BUFFONI

PAGLIACCI

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by vometia
Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by Lotrotk

To all moderators: I don't know how this guy can not be banned after using authism as an insult, publicly. Maybe because he's trolling us taking your defences? I don't want to think that, I just want to think that you didnt understand what he said in italian. Well, use google translation and please ban this discriminator.

Do you ACTUALLY think you're in a comfortable position to summon "the moderation" with the sort of petty insulting you have targeted to the dev team, the community representative and the other users of this forum across this entire thread?
You have nine posts here and arguably there isn't one that shouldn't deserve same disciplinary action.

I am going to insist you stop using "autistic" as an insult, however. It speaks rather poorly of you.

And as a general note, please be polite, everybody. I know this is a contentious topic but there's no need to be uncivil.

How many times should he use authism like an insult to be banned? 10? 100? Your moderation seems to be the nothingness itself. He used authism multiple times and he never apologize. That should be enough for every non biased moderator.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Guys, seriously, pack it in. I don't care who said what, just stop. I'm tired and grumpy so people will start getting suspended if the flaming doesn't stop now.

J'aime le fromage.
journeyman
journeyman
Guys, seriously, pack it in. I don't care who said what, just stop. I'm tired and grumpy so people will start getting suspended if the flaming doesn't stop now.

*Facepalm

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Squesing
How many times should he use authism like an insult to be banned? 10? 100? Your moderation seems to be the nothingness itself. He used authism multiple times and he never apologize. That should be enough for every non biased moderator.

Quite. I am saying now that it isn't acceptable and further uses of autism as an insult will likely result in a ban. This post may be considered a final warning on the subject.

J'aime le fromage.
apprentice
apprentice
la ragazza e' stata fin troppo brava io vi avevo gia' bannati!!

journeyman
journeyman

Quite. I am saying now that it isn't acceptable and further uses of autism as an insult will likely result in a ban. This post may be considered a final warning on the subject.

It wasnt acceptable the first time. He made other two clear statements regarding this (off) topic. I assume there is no respect for authism also by the moderation, because three times (even if the third is "implicit") without any apology should be enough. We are not talking about a game anymore, we are talking about discrimination and that subject must be taken way more seriously than all the stuff we are discussing here.

Last edited by Squesing; 22/08/20 11:06 AM.
stranger
stranger
Now, is it possible to find a dialogue again before the next insults involve other forms of disease?
I have a serious and quiet question: in the days when the Italian localization was in the plans, did you identify who would have carried out the localization?

stranger
stranger
Tuco però abbi pazienza , mi pare ovvio che molti di noi si iscrivono (e spero che lo facciano in molti altri ) solo per far sentire il loro disappunto su questa decisione giunta a noi in modo improvviso e impopolare .
Si parla di baldur's gate , un brand che anni fa nel mondo e in Italia ha venduto moltissimo.
Capisco che te sicuramente conosci benissimo la lingua inglese e quindi poco ti tocca la faccenda , ma molti di noi ( me compreso )hanno una conoscenza della lingua scolastica, e su un titolo del genere , personalmente , con tutto l'amore che posso provare per questo gioco (ti assicuro che è enorme), mi metterebbe pensiero dover passare ore ed ore a sforzarmi di tradurre .
Ti invito a guardare la faccenda dalla nostra prospettiva che risulta difficile da accettare per le loro dichiarazioni, che hanno generato in noi appassionati un hype pazzesco , per poi essere miseramente ritrattate ad un mese dal lancio in EA.
Questo vuol dire essere scorretti.

apprentice
apprentice
Please don't listen to the hotheads who got into this topic and created unnecessary fights!

Can we please keep a civil discussion and continue to talk about the topic: the localization of the Italian language in BG 3 ... Larian there is a certain possibility of having the translation in the distant future or it will all depend only on the profit you will have from the sales of the game ... are there no other possibilities to hope to see it in our language?

I hope for an answer, thanks!

stranger
stranger
Hi @Raze!

I hope you can read this post despite the chaos that has been generated in this thread. This is the only way we have to communicate directly with Larian Studios and it would be a real shame to waste this opportunity.
I distance myself from all those users who have insulted you and other members of the team and hope that a constructive discussion can be created about this thorny issue.

Since the first DOS our community has never been considered in the list of localizations and not being able to enjoy the best of the titles you have released in recent years has been tough. Fortunately among us there are enthusiasts who have twice worked on a localization in a voluntary way and above all professional way.
The reasons behind those hard work were to make the Italian community fully enjoy your titles and to emphasize the presence of our community for future titles.

When Baldur's Gate 3 was announced at E3 2019 and in interviews Sven declared Italian as one of the official languages we were all full of joy also because we believed we had succeeded as a community in demonstrating our passion for the team.
Learning about the team's step backwards in your forum was a real stroke.

I know at Larian Studios you work iteratively and keeping a lot of localizations under control would be really difficult.
But I know that in DOS2 some languages, in addition to those made by amateur teams, have been officially added over time thanks to the collaboration of Bandai Namco.

Being this time Baldur's Gate 3 which also sees the participation of Wizards of the Coast, a company well present in our country and which translates its products, I'm sure you plan to take care of other languages after release and we really expect to be in that "secondary" list.

Best regards and good job!

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Elledain
Please don't listen to the hotheads who got into this topic and created unnecessary fights!

Can we please keep a civil discussion and continue to talk about the topic: the localization of the Italian language in BG 3 ... Larian there is a certain possibility of having the translation in the distant future or it will all depend only on the profit you will have from the sales of the game ... are there no other possibilities to hope to see it in our language?

This.
Let's just ignore that interloper and keep this discussion as polite as possible.

Last edited by Trynd; 22/08/20 12:08 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
is it not possible to start a kickstarter campaign in order to have at least the subtitles in Italian? There are millions of Italians who have dreamed of playing Baldur's Gate III for a long time .. and unfortunately they don't speak English fairly well. (this text is translated with translate)

Please come to us. We don't ask for it in Early Access, but at least during the "Final" release. Thanks and good evening

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze

I was not exploited. I did stuff as a hobby that I enjoyed doing, where everyone involved was entirely upfront.
The people who worked on the D:OS 2 localisation were autonomous, rational individuals, capable of deciding whether to help with the project and how much time they were willing to invest. The fact that a future game will not have an official Italian localisation at release does not mean that the people that worked on the D:OS 2 project were retroactively exploited. They did not work on the project with a promise of guaranteed localisations in the future, and never brought up such conditions when dealing with the legalities of the official release.

Dear Raze,
I'm Chantalion and with two different teams (Sciarada team and T.i.g.e.r team) I have translated into Italian D: OS, D: OS enhanced, D: OS2.
We signed contracts that did not include financial demands and promises on future localizations and we never made any claims of any kind. Maybe we asked for support in an initiative in favor of scientific research ... but well, maybe there were difficulties of some kind. However, I thought that our passion, our seriousness and our perseverance (and also the value of the work made available to software house) could induce the friends of the Larian team to consider italian more in future releases (see BG3).
I imagined Swen: << Damn, BG3 we make it also in Italian! These guys deserve it! Come on, let's insert the Italian in the package of the first 6-7 localizations. >>
I made a wrong assessment and I apologize.
I thank the Larians for the wonderful games produced over the years. I spent hours and hours exploring every nook and cranny and engaging in death-defying challenges. Precisely because of the magic and involvement that the world of Divinity can express, I thought it would be nice if all my Italian friends (English-speaking and otherwise) could fully enjoy BG3 too.
I take this opportunity to thank those who have spent words of appreciation for us and I also serenely accept the criticisms that have been raised in recent years. For better or for worse, we have always given our best.

M
stranger
stranger
M
You get worse and worse every answer you give.

Care to address any actual points, or just throw insults?

It really seems that you don't care at all of the entire italian community.

I am certainly sympathetic to your situation (I've had things I was looking forward be cancelled or altered, etc), but that doesn't change the circumstances.

perfectly fits the disonesty of the exploiting the workers giving the RIDICOLOUS explanation "I was exploited in the past, I knew the rules and I submit to them"..

I was not exploited. I did stuff as a hobby that I enjoyed doing, where everyone involved was entirely upfront.
The people who worked on the D:OS 2 localisation were autonomous, rational individuals, capable of deciding whether to help with the project and how much time they were willing to invest. The fact that a future game will not have an official Italian localisation at release does not mean that the people that worked on the D:OS 2 project were retroactively exploited. They did not work on the project with a promise of guaranteed localisations in the future, and never brought up such conditions when dealing with the legalities of the official release.

P.s. when you change a plan involving thousands of potential customers that was given a promise, don't you think that sounds VERY SHITTY that those people has to discover your decision just for a random question in a forum?

Yes, there you have an entirely valid point (though the Steam page was also updated).

Originally Posted by Trynd
Point is, these "plans" cant really change in a couple of days, a couple of months ago you were asked if italian would have been "planned" to be added for the final release, and you were positive about this matter.

That was my mistake based on the old interview and the same mistake being made adding Italian to the GOG store page. Unfortunately I didn't double check that, and the people who knew it was added by mistake did not mention it directly to me or in any of the company chat channels that I follow (I work remotely, not in one of the offices), and didn't catch it in the forum.

Sorry but it's a chain of mistakes, all in the same direction, quite difficult to believe

Originally Posted by Trynd
How unfortunate, why not announcing it earlier then, I am sure you and/or who is working for this game were already aware of that weeks before this announcement of "change of plans", and we know that only because a kind soul opened a thread here in your forum asking this question, otherwise we would have never known of this change of plans right now, because not a single word came from your mouth.

The people working on the localisations did indeed know about this months ago. Unfortunately, when the decision was made about how many localisations could be done and which ones, the interview confirming Italian the better part of a year earlier wasn't on anyone's mind.
Many things were changed or revised since the initial game announcement (many were not announced, some mentioned and described as a work in progress); it is hard to go through continuous evolution and change, then when something changes you may have once been confident of, think back if it was ever confirmed publicly (in any of very many interviews).

With the mistake on the BG3 store pages, it certainly would have been better to fix it as soon as it was noticed, rather than wait for the next page update (regardless of the somewhat convoluted process involved).

First you state that localization in Italian is a resource-intensive activity, then you talk about it as if it were something to talk about during a coffee break, as if removing it might have no consequences. Sorry again, but something doesn't make sense here.

apprentice
apprentice
Bravo tuco
Ora che sappiamo tutti che sei contento siamo tutti più felici

Last edited by pbrosio; 22/08/20 12:37 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M

Even if they now confirm that they will do the localization, what value could it have? They have shown that their credibility is zero

We must not promise what we ought not, lest we be called on to perform what we cannot.
Abraham Lincoln, 1856.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Malabolgia

Even if they now confirm that they will do the localization, what value could it have? They have shown that their credibility is zero

Because i'm an innocent dreamer and i hope Larian will listen to us and go back on his decision... hope is the last to die!

It's not enough for me: “we'll see what to do after the game is released.”

Also I would like a direct, public answer ... "urbe et orbi" in which they say what they want to do with the Italian localization, it seems to me the least after what happened!

Last edited by Elledain; 22/08/20 01:04 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
I apologize to all the moderators, all the developers and all the non-Italian players who will read these posts.
This kind of attitude is not to be considered constructive in any way, for anyone, it is extremely offensive and unhealthy.

I try to mediate what the whole Italian community is asking:
1. Why did you wait for the last second to give us this bad news?
2. Have you really done market research conducted by marketing agencies that prove the lack of aptitude of the Italian market to buy RPG (specifically BG3)?
3. Did you really understand the historical significance that this title carried with it not only in the communities most accustomed to buying RPGs.
4. Did you know that in Italy we are in second place After english for purchase in relation to traslations of DND manuals?
5. WAS WIZARD OF THE COAST questioned in advance OF ITALIAN LOCALIZATION? Or is it only for your choice?
6. Is it your belief that those who play the paper game of Dnd did not intend to buy BALDUR's GATE 3? Is there market research in this sense?

7. The entire Italian community, which from what you can see is not very little ... does not ask for the EA with translation, but asks for the OFFICIAL CERTAINTY OF BEING IN THE FIRST LIST AVAILABLE AT THE LAUNCH OF THE FULL RELEASE. What do you answer? YES OR NO? do not tell us maybe, rather in a few weeks to give us a CLEAR answer to this question.

I hope for your answer.
Thank you

Last edited by Maco; 22/08/20 01:17 PM.
Page 9 of 26 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 25 26

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard