Print Thread
Page 13 of 26 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 25 26
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem
Originally Posted by Squesing
Originally Posted by The Composer
Sigh.

Wow, you are so meaningful. I guess you are right now that you waste a comment to sob here.

And I was the offtopic one eh?

Lolz

Ok to be honest, you aren't being fair to Raze. I don't know if he is an alt-right wannabe fascist or not, but I'd say no.

And I also think your accusations of discrimination aren't that solid: it's not like they have something against italians or italian language. They just didn't care enough.

Sorry but i guess you lost many points of the conversation. The discrimination I am discussing is not against italians or italian language.
It is a multiple discrimination against autism and autistic people.

You are just in a "defending the mod" stance without even have understood the argument we are discussing.
Please stop polluting the thread, thanks.

Support
Support
This is only partially true: some speech is criminal and does not only not deserve support, nor freedom.

Of course.

I should also add that conduct not rising to the level of a ban does not mean that it is acceptable or should be encouraged. Everyone should attempt to be polite and reasonable. Sometimes that is not going to happen. Generally when that fails it is temporary, and those involved can work it out among themselves. Sometimes warnings are given (vometia being a little quicker on that than I tend to be), and in very rare cases, bans.

Maybe you ignore that "free speech" is not total.

No, generally that is assumed to be the case when talking about free speech. Very few people think fraud, etc, should be classified as speech.

Have you ever heard about Popper's paradox of the tolerance, anyway?

Yes, I have, and I've seen the full passage, which is rather different than some people try to promote (that it is necessary to be intolerant) from the short version.

“I do not imply for instance, that we should always suppress the utterance of intolerant philosophies; as long as we can counter them by rational argument and keep them in check by public opinion, suppression would be most unwise. But we should claim the right to suppress them if necessary even by force...”

Thus far, force has not been required for suppression.

And I am talking about the job to be human, before being a moderator. You fail in both, anyway.

You do realise, if I adopted your advice for moderating the forum, you would be banned, right?

veteran
veteran
Sigh.

Wow, you are so meaningful. I guess you are right now that you waste a comment to sob here.

Lolz

Ok to be honest, you aren't being fair to Raze. I don't know if he is an alt-right wannabe fascist or not, but I'd say no.

And I also think your accusations of discrimination aren't that solid: it's not like they have something against italians or italian language. They just didn't care enough.

Sorry but i guess you lost many points of the conversation. The discrimination I am discussing is not against italians or italian language.

You are just in a "defending the mod" stance without even have understood the argument we are discussing.

I'm not defending anyone, just pondering on your words. I recommend a chamomile.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Sigh.

Lolz

Sorry but right now you are the one polluting the thread.
You expressed the same concepts about autism (on which I agree) over and over and over, what exactly do you want?

Last edited by Malabolgia; 23/08/20 02:03 PM.

We must not promise what we ought not, lest we be called on to perform what we cannot.
Abraham Lincoln, 1856.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Malabolgia
You expressed the same concepts about autism (on which I agree) over and over and over, what exactly do you want?

+1

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Raze
This is only partially true: some speech is criminal and does not only not deserve support, nor freedom.

Of course.

I should also add that conduct not rising to the level of a ban does not mean that it is acceptable or should be encouraged. Everyone should attempt to be polite and reasonable. Sometimes that is not going to happen. Generally when that fails it is temporary, and those involved can work it out among themselves. Sometimes warnings are given (vometia being a little quicker on that than I tend to be), and in very rare cases, bans.

Maybe you ignore that "free speech" is not total.

No, generally that is assumed to be the case when talking about free speech. Very few people think fraud, etc, should be classified as speech.

Have you ever heard about Popper's paradox of the tolerance, anyway?

Yes, I have, and I've seen the full passage, which is rather different than some people try to promote (that it is necessary to be intolerant) from the short version.

“I do not imply for instance, that we should always suppress the utterance of intolerant philosophies; as long as we can counter them by rational argument and keep them in check by public opinion, suppression would be most unwise. But we should claim the right to suppress them if necessary even by force...”

Thus far, force has not been required for suppression.

And I am talking about the job to be human, before being a moderator. You fail in both, anyway.

You do realise, if I adopted your advice for moderating the forum, you would be banned, right?

So insisting 3 times on being discriminating, without any apology or retreat, is not something you should ban in your judge. What should he do for being banned and his message edited, just for curiosity? Istigate suicide or terrorism? I actually am astonished by your capacity of denial and put every evidence in a relativistic and vague field.

So I assume that who's wrong are the other moderated forums of serious and affordable companies like blizzard, Microsoft, or any of the other hundreds of moderated forums that ban or at least cancel the messages of racist and discriminating people.

Also your interpretation of Popper is so reductive, cherrypicky and biased that my philosophy book autoburn itself the exact time I read your words.

I have no problem in being banned if you ban Tuco too. Off course i am saying hard word, they are for sure justified by your unrespective behaviour, but if you are looking for some sort of stupid and superficial form of coerence go ahead. Ban me, but ban Tuco too.

The important is the message that passes: discriminating autism is not something you can do (multiple times and without any form of apology, instead he underlined the exact contrary of apology), and most of all that autism is not necessarily a disease.

Do something that make you seem a moderator.

journeyman
journeyman
[quote=Dark_Ansem][quote=Squesing][quote=The Composer]Sigh.

I want the management of this forum takes responsability of this.

It is not hard to understand eh. Stop thinking about the game for just a minute, there is another problem here.

If you really agree with the concept then stand with me and say something to Raze

veteran
veteran
@Raze, if hate speech against autism has indeed taken place, that isn't free speech covered by the Canadian Constitution.

M
stranger
stranger
M

It is not hard to understand eh. Stop thinking about the game for just a minute, there is another problem here.

If you really agree with the concept then stand with me and say something to Raze

Yes, like you said, it's another problem. Here we're discussing about BG3 and the Italian localization.
Open a new thread under General Discussions if you're not satisfied with the way this forum is moderated, and some may come there and support your complains.
But please leave this thread for the purpose for which it was created. Grazie.

We must not promise what we ought not, lest we be called on to perform what we cannot.
Abraham Lincoln, 1856.

journeyman
journeyman

+1

And most of all, it is Raze that is expressing over and over and over the same concepts about the implicit right to discriminate in this forum (but do not cross that invisible line that he and only he is able to judge eh! Such an objective and fair criteria!). He is constantly answering me, pretending to have reasons he actually doesnt have.

If you agree that autism discrimination should not be allowed, then why you want me to stop, and not him?

We can solve this and then restart talking about the game

Last edited by Squesing; 23/08/20 02:22 PM.
Support
Support

The situation with Tuco is over. He stopped. There is no need for further moderation.

journeyman
journeyman

The situation with Tuco is over. He stopped. There is no need for further moderation.

His messages are still readable. And this criteria is ridicolous. So if I shoot at someone, after few hours i am not punishable anymore because "the situation is over" and "I stopped shooting"?

You are clearly defending that guy without any argument at all. This is so unprofessional, illogic and unfair that I actually wonder how did you have the courage of putting this kind of argument on the table.

Am I speaking with an adult? Just asking eh

You are insulting my intelligence.

Last edited by Squesing; 23/08/20 02:29 PM.
journeyman
journeyman

Yes, like you said, it's another problem. Here we're discussing about BG3 and the Italian localization.
Open a new thread under General Discussions if you're not satisfied with the way this forum is moderated, and some may come there and support your complains.
But please leave this thread for the purpose for which it was created. Grazie.

I will do this for sure when a moderator says me that. That is probably another fail of Raze here, because he keep responding me here and not invite me to open another thread. Sorry for the ot but the problem is only appereantly marginal.

journeyman
journeyman
@Raze, if hate speech against autism has indeed taken place, that isn't free speech covered by the Canadian Constitution.

Thanks, there's still some humanity here

Support
Support

A mildly insulting comment hardly rises to the level of attempted murder.
Consider fight outside a bar, if you want a real world analogy: if nobody is seriously hurt, and no property damage, police can tell people to break it up and go home, without arresting anyone. Same for letting a speeder or someone with a broken taillight off with a warning.

In any case, I fail to see how discussing this further would be productive, even if it wasn't off topic.

journeyman
journeyman

Consider fight outside a bar, if you want a real world analogy: if nobody is seriously hurt, and no property damage, police can tell people to break it up and go home, without arresting anyone. Same for letting a speeder or someone with a broken taillight off with a warning.

In any case, I fail to see how discussing this further would be productive, even if it wasn't off topic.

3 insulting comments. You are clearly not able to judge mildness or gravity of anything, standing on your denial of evidence, ostile and biased attitude. I am considering hurted by his comment and you are not respecting my sensibility and you are not making your job here. You should be ashamed of yourself for what you are doing here.

Like has been said, hate speech against autism is not covered by canadian constitution (nor by italian laws, actually), so your are refusing to take actions against a flow of comments that is actually against of your country's laws.

You are giving a so disgraceful image to your company too.

By the way, do you think is off topic and that it is better that I open a separate thread to discuss your behaviour?

Last edited by Squesing; 23/08/20 03:16 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
@Raze at least edit his 3 messages, if you don't want to ban him because he's your friend and/or was defending Larian from protesters. At least delete the discriminating content from this forum. This is the very minimum YOU HAVE to do in order to define yourself moderator of this forum.

veteran
veteran
Dude, seriously. As a bouncer would tell ya, you've had enough. Go home, get some rest. Clear your head.

journeyman
journeyman
Dude, seriously. As a bouncer would tell ya, you've had enough. Go home, get some rest. Clear your head.

Have you ever considered the fact that I don't care about you trolling?

And by the way, why do you assume I am not still at home, comfortly sitting and resting in my chair while I claim for my rights? laugh

Oh, you are the guy who was speaking without knowing the matter of the conversation... Well, if you want you can keep trolling. You are defining yourself, afterall.

Last edited by Squesing; 23/08/20 03:14 PM.
apprentice
apprentice

Deve essere bello il Canada... In Italia ti prendi comunque il reato di rissa

Page 13 of 26 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 25 26

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard