Print Thread
#772103 05/05/21 10:22 PM
Darsen Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi Larian,
here some ideas that i had playing the game:

1) hide the passive skill check failure, maybe a toggle option (i lose a lot of immersion in the game, like when my DM says "throw perception")

2) some ways to not abuse of full rest too many times, like ambush, ration needed, quest timing (see what have done in pathfinder kingmaker)

3) follow the 5e rules more accurately (try playing Solasta, they have done a great work about the 5e transposition in a videogames)

4) respec for all, without changing the class. maybe done by the dead npc, like 1000 gold for respec a pg

5) tasha's option to change the race's points, but not change the others races feats, so each race remain unique (so i should not choose between a roleplay idea and a not underpower character)

6) dragonborn race (they are very iconic in d&d), subraces, other classes and much more sublasses (at least 4 for each class), more feats. (ok, maybe all these are a 1.0 content, but better write them in the list)

7) when recruited, the origin characters should let me choose their class, maybe between two options, obviously tematically with their personal story and concept (like paladin/cleric shadowheart, wizard/artificer gale, sorcerer/warlock will, fighter/barbarian lae'zel, rogue/hunter astarion)

Hope that You read and like my feedback, and I apologise for my english.

Good work.

Last edited by Darsen; 05/05/21 10:30 PM.
Darsen #772108 05/05/21 10:33 PM
Dez Offline
addict
addict
Thanks for your feedback, Darsen!

Just some quick thoughts on your feedback:

Originally Posted by Darsen
Hi Larian,

1) hide the passive skill check failure, maybe a toggle option (i lose a lot of immersion in the game, like when my DM says "throw perception")

2) some ways to not abuse of full rest too many times, like ambush, ration needed, quest timing (see what have done in pathfinder kingmaker)

3) follow the 5e rules more accurately (try playing Solasta, they have done a great work about the 5e transposition in a videogames)

4) respec for all, without changing the class. maybe done by the death png, like 1000 gold for respec a pg

5) tasha's option to change the race's points, but not change the others races feats, so each race remain unique (so i should not choose between a roleplay idea and a not underpower character)

6) dragonborn race (they are very iconic in d&d), subraces, other classes and much more sublasses (at least 4 for each class), more feats. (ok, maybe all these are a 1.0 content, but better write them in the list)

7) when recruited, the origin characters should let me choose their class, maybe between two options, obviously tematically with their personal story and concept (like paladin/cleric shadowheart, wizard/artificer gale, sorcerer/warlock will, fighter/barbarian lae'zel, rogue/hunter astarion)

Good work.

1) I get what you're saying. But at the same time, Larian went for the entire "being DM in a DnD session"-theme, so this is probably intentional. I personally like it - but I wouldnt mind if it was "silent".

2) A lot of people have brought this up and there is an entire mega-thread about it. smile I'd expect that Larian will do *something* but we'll have to wait and see what they do!

3) This also has it's own mega thread - and there is a lot of discussion moving on. I'll remain neutral on this.

4) Hmm, this will probably get introduced later, considering we had the mirror in DOS2. But probably not in act 1 smile

5) Many people (myself included) want Tasha's for a lot of things! Unfortunately, it seems very unlikely that we'll get it with the vanilla release - but hopefully there'll be an expansion at some point laugh

6) You can find all the classes and sub-classes that has been "confirmed" on the BG3 wiki, which is basically... PHB classes / sub-classes. You're not the first to bring up dragonborn and they ARE part of the PHB, so I'd assume they'll arrive.

7) Unfortunately, I see no way this could work out since each character is pretty much bound to their class in their story. Wyll's story would not work as a sorcerer, and Shadowheart's story would not work as a paladin. I don't even think Gale's story would work as an artificer (sorcerer could be a "maybe"). frown A lot of people are asking to have an increased party size to counter this inconvenience - but we'll have to wait and see what Larian proceeds with.

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
Dez #772114 05/05/21 10:53 PM
Darsen Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Dez

Hi Larian,

4) respec for all, without changing the class. maybe done by the death png, like 1000 gold for respec a pg

Good work.

1) I get what you're saying. But at the same time, Larian went for the entire "being DM in a DnD session"-theme, so this is probably intentional. I personally like it - but I wouldnt mind if it was "silent".

2) A lot of people have brought this up and there is an entire mega-thread about it. smile I'd expect that Larian will do *something* but we'll have to wait and see what they do!

3) This also has it's own mega thread - and there is a lot of discussion moving on. I'll remain neutral on this.

4) Hmm, this will probably get introduced later, considering we had the mirror in DOS2. But probably not in act 1 smile

5) Many people (myself included) want Tasha's for a lot of things! Unfortunately, it seems very unlikely that we'll get it with the vanilla release - but hopefully there'll be an expansion at some point laugh

6) You can find all the classes and sub-classes that has been "confirmed" on the BG3 wiki, which is basically... PHB classes / sub-classes. You're not the first to bring up dragonborn and they ARE part of the PHB, so I'd assume they'll arrive.

7) Unfortunately, I see no way this could work out since each character is pretty much bound to their class in their story. Wyll's story would not work as a sorcerer, and Shadowheart's story would not work as a paladin. I don't even think Gale's story would work as an artificer (sorcerer could be a "maybe"). frown A lot of people are asking to have an increased party size to counter this inconvenience - but we'll have to wait and see what Larian proceeds with.

thanks for your reply.

5/6) i hope that its not a way to sell a dlc later... i see a lot of mod on nexusmod that add classes (not perfectly done, 'cause missing skills image), ad a lot of very good mods with subclasses (see the tiefling's subrace mod) and with tasha's features. But, obviusly, i would like play the game vanilla, without always search for mods. And cantrips like booming blade are a must have to play a gish characters (i'm a bladesinger fun)

7) yeah, 1 characters for each class would be amazing, but also double work for quest and iterations, that's why i said a choise feature

P.S. which is the official wiki?

Darsen #772121 05/05/21 11:21 PM
Dez Offline
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Dez

Hi Larian,

Good work.

thanks for your reply.

5/6) i hope that its not a way to sell a dlc later... i see a lot of mod on nexusmod that add classes (not perfectly done, 'cause missing skills image), ad a lot of very good mods with subclasses (see the tiefling's subrace mod) and with tasha's features. But, obviusly, i would like play the game vanilla, without always search for mods. And cantrips like booming blade are a must have to play a gish characters (i'm a bladesinger fun)

7) yeah, 1 characters for each class would be amazing, but also double work for quest and iterations, that's why i said a choise feature

P.S. which is the official wiki?

Official might the wrong word since I do not know if Larian actually works together with Fextralife - I apologize for my poor choice of words.

The game is, of course, mentioned in a lot of different Wikis such as the Forgotten Realms wiki, Baldur's Gate wiki and of course, on Wikipedia itself, but Baldur's Gate 3 (as a game) also has it's own dedicated wiki site on fextralife (and it is by far the most elaborate, detailed and used wiki related to BG3 that I have seen,and I have done my fair share of searching) - I'll link it to you here:

https://baldursgate3.wiki.fextralife.com/Classes

Fextralife were also the host of the biggest DOS2 wiki, so I guess it only makes sense that they also took on BG3. laugh

Last edited by Dez; 05/05/21 11:23 PM.

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
Darsen #772124 05/05/21 11:37 PM
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
My biggest issue with Origins currently is where they are bound to a Subclass that isn't required for their backstory.

Cleric of "Blank" does not require a subclass. Give options for Shadowheart. 100% Agreed.

Wyll being a Warlock attached to a Devil? Kind of a stuck thing; every aspect of his class and subclass is required for the Origin in question.

Asterian being a Rogue? Actually not important. Nothing in the current EA explains his need to be a rogue - at all.

Gale. Stuck. Has to be a wizard. Luckily level 3, you choose subclass anyway.

Lae'zel. Honestly? I could see her being a Paladin of Vlaakith or a Barbarian as well as a Fighter. Swing sword. Bodies go splat. Kind of an open ender as long as it's martial.

Darsen #772199 06/05/21 11:25 AM
veteran
veteran
1) Toggle > w/e, dont care to be honest.
Hide > Certainly not! laugh

2) I still dont understand where is the problem with this isue, and its talked about it litteraly countless topics.
Dont you people have some self-moderation? O_o

4) Sounds good ... but i believe i have heared in some interview, that there will be respecing in final game. So i believe this is allready planned.

5) Not sure if i understand this ... you mean you want to be able to create "racialy charismatic" Half-Orc? O_o
Cant say i would mind, since i would probably never use such thing ... but i dont like that idea much. :-/

6) All mentioned is "planned" ... or "working on" if you like.

7) Im not quite sure if Gale could work as Artificer, concidering his backstory ...
Same as Wyll ... being warlock and having demon mistress is kinda huge part of his whole tale.
So im affraid this have no chance.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
V
V
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
2) I still dont understand where is the problem with this isue, and its talked about it litteraly countless topics.
I encourage you to read through those topics for your comprehension of the issue. There’re many examples of how it messes with the balance

This happens to be a feedback and suggestions subforum 0_o

Romances in RPGs brought us to this
Darsen #772214 06/05/21 01:53 PM
veteran
veteran
Hi Larian,

4) respec for all, without changing the class. maybe done by the dead npc, like 1000 gold for respec a pg

Good work.

Hello Darsen,
Great suggestions, I agree with most of them.

No comment about 1, 2 and 4, 100% agree.

About 3 I'd just like to say that I agree even more, let's says 200%^^
Not because I'm a D&D player or nerds (I'm not) but because as a tactical turn based game fan, I'm SURE the game would be way more deep, tactical and fun with more D&D.

About 5 honnestly I don't know. I learned the rules of the PHB for the occasion but I haven't read anything yet about Tasha's.
About 6 it will probably come. They didn't confirm about races but they said that all classes and subclasses of the PHB will be in the game. I guess it's gonna be the same for races.

About 7, I'm all for some sort of customization. Not sure we could custom the classes but some things could probably be : subclasses, spells/cantrips, abilities when we recruit them,...

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
Darsen Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger

4) Sounds good ... but i believe i have heared in some interview, that there will be respecing in final game. So i believe this is allready planned.

5) Not sure if i understand this ... you mean you want to be able to create "racialy charismatic" Half-Orc? O_o
Cant say i would mind, since i would probably never use such thing ... but i dont like that idea much. :-/

2) we are here to give suggestion, or the EA would be nonsense. i can moderate myself, but i like much more have game limitation that makes the game more challange. i love needing to rest, but have a f***ing fear to camp in a zone. only rest in a city should be 100% fine. All 5e works around the full rest, this is the first edition where a long rest is a 100% characters recharge.

5) rolegame > core mechanics, that's why tasha's rulebook is so much liked by all the d&d's players. Let's think about the WoW film: the enemy is a sorcerer half-orc, so he should have more CAR than STR. Why can't exist an elf that follows the god's path (cleric, so WIS characters) and not only study magic like a wizard? I should be free to play any race in any way i prefere. Maybe you think that point-buy it's enought to build a wizard half-orc, but in 5e a simply +1 drastically change a battle. This is a very stuping thing to program, and you can still choose to not change the default points, so why not doing it?

I know very well 5e, as a player and much more as a master, so i know very well what i'm talking about.

Last edited by Darsen; 06/05/21 02:16 PM.
Darsen #772244 06/05/21 06:26 PM
veteran
veteran
2) we are here to give suggestion, or the EA would be nonsense. i can moderate myself, but i like much more have game limitation that makes the game more challange. i love needing to rest, but have a f***ing fear to camp in a zone. only rest in a city should be 100% fine. All 5e works around the full rest, this is the first edition where a long rest is a 100% characters recharge.
Yes we are.
And my sugestion was encourage players to work on their self-moderation ... laugh
Dont take it too seriously tho, im just kidding ...

I do understand that people want restrictions, the funny part is that some of those people dont quite seem to understand that their own limitation expectations would affect everyone. laugh
> Anyway, as i said in those other topic im encouraged here to read:
Personaly i believe there will be no limitation for Long Rest even concidered until we have implemented all classes and sub-classes (preferably for some time), and Larian will have enough data to see how often players are resting with different characters. wink

5) rolegame > core mechanics, that's why tasha's rulebook is so much liked by all the d&d's players. Let's think about the WoW film: the enemy is a sorcerer half-orc, so he should have more CAR than STR. Why can't exist an elf that follows the god's path (cleric, so WIS characters) and not only study magic like a wizard? I should be free to play any race in any way i prefere. Maybe you think that point-buy it's enought to build a wizard half-orc, but in 5e a simply +1 drastically change a battle. This is a very stuping thing to program, and you can still choose to not change the default points, so why not doing it?
Hey i specificly said that i would not mind it, since i would never use it. laugh

But if you ask why would i not doing it, i can tell you that ... it seem to me like direct opposite to rolegame.
To use your own example ... yes, that that Half-Orc Sorcerer you mention should have high CHAR. than STR. and that is perfectly achievable by curent points system ... but that Half-Orc Sorcerer should also (kinda logicaly) at leat a bit (actualy more like conciderably) stronger than Human Sorcerer ...
So if i use any rule to create Half-Orc with dumped 8STR. its in my eyes a poorly created Half-Orc, since it have the same STR as Human who also dumped it. wink
In curent system im perfectly able to create Half-Orc Sorcerer that have 10Str, 15Char, and some other stats im too lazy to count, or search ... and that is fine to me, he is "able" to be Sorcerer, yet he would never be as good Sorcerer as others at same level ... same as they would never be so good barbarian as he would be. wink

Note that i dont mind people using it, just explaining why i would not ... or if you like, what i dont like about it. Also, this topic was allready talked about in one REALLY HUGE threat ... but im too lazy to search it. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown

Link Copied to Clipboard